Author Topic: Ooop North.  (Read 56 times)

Offline Barbel Mick

• Bike: DL650A L2
Ooop North.
« on: April 28, 2024, 12:11:12 »
Last Monday we loaded the bike & headed north to stay in Morecambe for a few days.
It rained quite heavily on the way up there, but other than a five minute hail shower on Thursday, we saw no more rain during the day. It was bloody cold every day though.
Tuesday we had a ride around The Forest/Trough of Bowland.
Wednesday we went a little further east to The Yorkshire Dales. That ride was cut short due to the cold & didn’t go to Tan Hill as planned.
Thursday saw us go North to Cumbria. A great day, & other than the hail shower, the sun shone all day, but still a little cool.
A few photos to prove it happened. Including the obligatory photo of Ribblehead Viaduct, plus, seeing as I’ve not posted one for a while, an excellent Breakfast from Penny Garth Café, Hawes.
Mick

Retired Breakfast Tester and semi professional tumbler.

Offline Upt North

• Bike: DL650 L7
Re: Ooop North.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2024, 12:22:53 »
Good on you both for putting up with the elements Oooop North
God knows, there's nothing like a warm sunny April, and this is nothing like a warm sunny April.
I've just seen some bikes heading Upt'North to Wee Bonny Jockland, 4 degrees and heavy rain. I won't be joining them just yet.
Thanks for the piccies.
Upt.

Offline crump

• Bike: DL650XT L5, Yamaha FJR1300
Re: Ooop North.
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2024, 13:39:09 »
Lovely job, Forest of Bowland is a nice place to ride, interesting if nadgery roads, good views and relatively quiet.