Author Topic: joined the club and just fitted a gpr trioval to my 05 650  (Read 1568 times)

Offline hammiegt

Hi all, only got my wee?? 05 reg 650 on Saturday, slowly getting it up to scratch, it was far too quiet for me so have just fitted the gpr trioval system, only just finished fitting so will have to wait until tomorrow to start it up, fairly straightforward to fit, I removed the side panel and pillion peg, which made things a bit easier, biggest prob was the lambda sensor, phoned Robinsons to see if they had a spare one in stock as I feared mine was stuck, ended up removing the front down pipe and taking whole lot off, with a bit of heat and a vice I managed to get it out, £230 from Suzuki, I almost coughed a furball when he told me.
getting the tailpipe to line up using their hanger and bracket was a bit of a faff, but all bolted up and solid now. Also put some clear indicator lenses on, just need to drop the wheels out and refinish the paintwork on the discs and some new stainless disc bolts, and need to fit my topbox base to the rack, and shes just about good to go, then a quick service when the kit arrives, I will endeavour to put some pix up tomorrow too, cheers for now hammie

Offline tallpaul

• Tastier than the Barrow-in-Furness bus depot...
  • Bike: 2016 Yamaha XT1200ZE
Re: joined the club and just fitted a gpr trioval to my 05 6
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 23:41:06 »
Blimey, you've been busy! It never ends, you know. There's always something to tweak or try out. Just wait until you discover 'buffeting'. It's a slippery slope from there onwards...   :fix:
Old enough to know better, but still too young to care...