Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Blue Oyster bar / Bikes on the box
« Last post by Lincsman on Today at 13:14:05 »
Bikes are back on the box from next Tuesday.
If you have a Humax box, or are on Freesat.
On my Humax box the channel Number is 966. It might be different on your TV

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00kj9xh/broadcasts/upcoming
For Sale (Bike related) / Re: 2007 DL1000 for sale
« Last post by Brockett on Today at 12:55:47 »
Let's face it the DL1000 has never been a "lusted after" bike. We who have owned one know it is a very capable, two up, fully loaded,  mile muncher. Prospective buyers who read reviews in the motorcycle press are left just a little, ill-informed. A road test can be quite confusing when they find the bike is a whole lot better than they ever thought.  However, crush me under the wheels of hell if    I ever once considered asking my wife's opinion of a motorcycle based on a picture.
It takes all sorts eh?
« Last post by Upt North on Today at 12:05:35 »
The wife says, "buy it"!
And he thinks about it?
No, somethings wrong. Besides stupidity.
Good luck with the sad sale fella.
Upt.
« Last post by Asmith61 on Today at 11:32:46 »
Hi Dave
That’s what I thought ?  He did say it’s so tall and to be fair he wasent flat footed.  Let’s see if he rings back ?
👍
V-Strom specific discussion / Re: Waking from hibernation....
« Last post by porter on Today at 11:23:57 »
Sorry auto correct got me or my fat fingers. Been awhile from I carried one of those on my bike!
 My lack on winter maintenance got me this year as I've had to buy a new battery, still 9 years isn't bad, friends with fancy Triumph's and BMW's didn't make it to two years but I'd still have liked to make it to ten!
Do you mean the Hosepipe?
If so, it's not unusual for a drip after a long lay up, if that's what you've done.
Like the man says, you need to keep an eye on it and consider changing out the parts when time/interest/money etc allows.
But for now, ride.
Upt.
V-Strom specific discussion / Oil filler cap
« Last post by Spadger2 on Today at 09:37:39 »
I'm looking for an oil filler cap for my 2020 DL650,does anyone know if they're the same for all year models and if not what year did the later ones came in.
The bike came with an after market one that takes a 6mm allen key to remove which I'm not keen on lasting,I would prefer a OEM one or one I can get a spanner on.
Anyone one any ideas,I've spent 45minutes searching on the web and can't seem to find any under £20😯
I'd keep an eye on it, it's possible the seal dried out if the bike has been stood for a while and getting everything hot has sealed it. As long as you're talking drips and not puddles then just monitor the coolant level. If you've got any big trips planned then maybe replace it as it doesn't look to be a huge job as long as what's leaking is purely coolant and no trace of oil. Mine lets a couple of drips out when it cools down after a ride but it's not got any worse in maybe 2yrs and I just top up a small amount of coolant each year. I'll replace the o-ring at my next coolant swap/valve clearance check unless it drastically deteriorates.
The Blue Oyster bar / Re: What are you listening to right now?
« Last post by nigel s on Today at 05:01:22 »
Suzie Stapleton,

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10