Author Topic: North east motorcycles - County Durham  (Read 1857 times)

Offline bencav

North east motorcycles - County Durham
« on: July 16, 2011, 20:09:23 »
Bike needed its 4k service, and as it is still under warranty I thought it best to go the dealer route. Got a quote of a local monopoly of a bike dealer (OK, maybee not quite a monopoly but feels like that sometimes!!!) which was over £300, so that was a no-goer (later found out that this dealer was rapped by Suzuki for charging for the 600 mile service of new bikes   :eusa-naughty:  )

Called a dealer in Nevilles Cross called North East Motorcycles who quoted £140, which I felt was OK so booked it in for today. I was even happier when the final bill came to £112 and that included Synthetic oil!! so Full service history maintained and left me with a rosier attitude towards main dealers!

Really nice fellas in the shop, gave me a few pointers on what to do what not to do, and offered some help to fit dogbones when I was passing so I could use his hoist. I can honestly say I won't be using any other garages for services etc as even the local 'old boy' garage was asking £100 and he isn't Suzuki affiliated!

So 5 stars for this company, highly recommended and didn't even take the piss out of my cerise/pink charge card!!!   :clap:

Really hi-tec comapny too (not...check their 'basic' website!!)

http://www.n-east-motorcycles.co.uk/

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
Re: North east motorcycles - County Durham
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 14:50:31 »
Isn't that high tech for the north east anyway?  :neen:
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline bencav

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 17:42:48 »
Quote from: "Juvecu"
Isn't that high tech for the north east anyway?  :neen:

Cheeky git.....but yes,,, :shy:

Offline Juvecu

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 18:05:35 »
Hehe, been called a cheeky git on here more than once now, there must be some truth in it :grin:

On topic though, it is rare to find a good main dealer nowadays so you're quite lucky there :thumb:
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)

Offline Sven

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 18:35:29 »
Quote from: "Juvecu"
it is rare to find a good main dealer nowadays so you're quite lucky there :thumb:

I'd disagree & say its easy to find a good main dealer. what's difficult is to find a good one that charges a reasonable price  :neen: - that's the difficult bit... :shrug:  lol

Offline Juvecu

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 18:49:54 »
My definition of 'good' includes the price :neen: You are right though, they seem to be very expensive. I'm glad I can do my own work.

Offline Fatbelly

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 19:03:34 »
It's nice to recommend a good dealer, it would be even more useful to name the crappy one.

Offline bencav

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 20:04:25 »
Quote from: "Fatbelly"
It's nice to recommend a good dealer, it would be even more useful to name the crappy one.

...... M&S Motorcycles Newcastle - Not per say a 'bad' dealer, just think they charge rather a lot for everything. My dad has had a few bike from them and had no bother, but tyres, servicing and accessories all go for top dollar (probably to fund the 3 premises in the Hill!!

For the record, and just to remain on the high ground - I have always chosen to take my bike elsewhere based on the £££ they could for all I know be the best dealer in the UK?!?!? (Given they were charging for 600mile services though, I would err on the side of caution!!)

But yeah, In the NE for a good dealer with reasonable prices, it has to be the lads at Nevilles Cross (esp as they rip the piss out of the BMW GS' at every given opportunity when they see me on the wee!!!)