Author Topic: Biker Mover - Simon Rixon  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Ridaz

• Site Donator
  • Bike: Africa Twin 2017, TTR 250 2004, VF 750F-D Interceptor 1983
Biker Mover - Simon Rixon
« on: February 13, 2022, 19:37:30 »
Yesterday we had 4 bikes to move from Shipley to York and after giving serious consideration to hiring a van, I thought it would be good to see how much it would cost using a company to do it.

When I bought the TTR From Diver a few years ago I used https://www.shiply.com/ and was very pleased with the service so we got in touch with them again and the quotes soon started to land, most of them falling below the cost of the van hire plus fuel so it was a no brainer move!

The lad who got the work arrived on time and was brilliant from start to finish and I would highly recommend him. Based in West Yorkshire but travels all over the country, he told me he does roughly 120k miles a year moving bikes and holds the contract for a number of bigger dealerships in the area.

So if you are looking for someone to move a bike(s) around for you I would highly recommend him and can offer up his contact details below

Simon Rixon
07494 099392
Simonrixon69@gmail.com

Offline Mr Nick

• Certified Fisher Price trained technician
  • Bike: 1979 Suzuki TS185ER, 1979 Moto Guzzi V50, 1989 Moto Guzzi SP3, 2010 KTM 990 Adv
Re: Biker Mover - Simon Rixon
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2022, 13:32:28 »
I quickly came to the same conclusion when I bought the SP3: the price was less than a van + fuel, and no round trip & hassle loading the heavy lump. Add in the stated condition of all the local hire places that vans weren't to be used for transporting bikes as well.
Seems pearl asbo orange is faster after all....

'Don't believe all the quotes in forum signatures' - Aristotle

'Ehh, good enough' - Mediocretes

Orange Bikes Matter!