Author Topic: FOWLERS BRISTOL Poor service  (Read 1991 times)

Offline splang

• Bike: DL650X K9
FOWLERS BRISTOL Poor service
« on: October 10, 2009, 12:31:17 »
My bike wouldn't start this morning. I called Suzuki Assistance who sent an AA chap out. He was excellent and ran an extensive battery check using his bespoke machine. It can up as "BAD CELL" "replace".
He also checked the drain on the battery when turned off and it was zero. He has included all the relevant details in his independant report - and has given me a copy of the printout from the battery testing device.

The situation with the bike due to the faulty battery is that the bike will not start at all. I would have to call the AA each and every time.

I phoned Fowlers (Bristol) and spoke to Dani in the service/workshop department. I explained the situation and said that (as it was still running at the time (AA chap still there)) I would like to ride the bike up and have a new battery put in (under warranty - the bike is just over 6 months old).
She said that I would need to take it up, leave it with them until Monday and then test it overnight and put a warranty claim into Suzuki. I explained that when I take it up I would then be without transport and would then need to get the train home and surely there was a more efficient way to do this - I also told them about the independant AA report.
No help was forthcoming.

The AA chap could not believe the totally inadequate level of customer service and to be frank nor can I. If Fowlers of Bristol cannot sort this out to my prompt satisfaction then I shall never go there for my next bike or any servicing.
I do hope that Suzuki can talk to this dealer and perhaps remind them what customer focused service is about?
As I write this I am currently awaiting a response from Fowlers when I phoned back to complain as there was noone in authority to speak to me!

Really disappointed

Offline bill2828

Re: FOWLERS BRISTOL Poor service
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 12:41:49 »
So for a few quid and 5 minutes work FOWLERS of Bristol have pissed you off. Very poor!!!
Do unto others ...

Offline splang

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 15:28:07 »
Done a little more digging - it does appear to be Suzuki GB policy to get dealers to raise a claim with them before replacing a battery - lucky that they never fail during a weekend when Suzuki GB are not open for warranty claims - oh hold on.....DOH!!

AA came again with a huge low loader and have shipped it up to Fowlers. The bloke reckoned that this would cost Suzuki £100+ and together with the earlier callout they have wasted a lot more money than a new battery would have cost!

Ridiculous situation.
 ###

Offline bill2828

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 20:52:01 »
That's what I meant! They could have run the risk of giving you a new battery, and then processed their claim. They invest a few quid up front, and your post would have been very different.    :crazy:
Do unto others ...

Offline dogpuf

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 13:24:16 »
Pathetic service and the fact u bought a bike from them six months previous - Fowlers wouldn't stand the cost of a battery - Very Poor

I would write a complaint letter to Suzuki GB and the Man. Director of Fowlers. Its time Bike dealers improved their after sales service
C'mon spring I want to get riding

Offline MARBLE600

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 09:17:40 »
Quote from: "dogpuf"

I would write a complaint letter to Suzuki GB and the Man. Director of Fowlers. Its time Bike dealers improved their after sales service

I would definately do this, these people need to learn how to look after their customers :fist:
KLV1000 A2H plus Madstad bracket with sports screen, Corbin touring seat,Remus revolution alloy slip ons ,PC3, K&N filter, migsel mount, R&G frame sliders, rox risers, renthal bars, fork brace,carbon fibre rear hugger, goodridge hoses..

Offline splang

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 19:23:24 »
Got a message from fowlers today

"The bike is all ready for collection. Thank you."

hmmm so would appear to be a manufacturing issue (ie Dead Cell).

Now I just need to get up there with my bike gear to get it when I'm not working and they are open....should be fun..probably have to wait until the weekend...

I got a message from Suzuki GB (following from an Email I sent them) saying that they hope that the situation has been resolved humphmph..

What a silly delay and inconvenience because of the defective battery on a 6 month old bike - bad PR for Fowlers and Suzuki and could all have been sorted by using a bit of common sense and old fashion service. Not as if Suzuki saved money either - cost em more using the aa twice than a battery would cost.

Steve

Offline vstromchips

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 09:21:19 »
I too have been on the end of piss poor service from Fowlers. My local bike shop (RD5 in Warringto, who are great by the way) use Fowlers for parts. When I came to renew my chain and srockets, for the second time, they called Fowlers for a chain and sprocket set. Fowlers stated thet Suzuki did not make a set and I would have to buy the bits seperately, however when I told RD5 the part number, obtained from Suzuki GB's website, Fowlers said 'Oh we didn't know about that set.' What plonkers.

Now if I want parts, I just go direct to Robinsons Foundry in Canterbury, they normally deliver within a couple of days, and know what they're talking about.

Offline temporaryescapee

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 17:51:48 »
I live in Bristol and have had bad experiences with their service department too.  I bought a Cat D write off ZZR a few years back off a friend of a friend, conditional that it went through a Fowlers MOT, which it did.  I took it back a year later and they told me the frame was bent and it was a write off.  In that time I had done a couple of thousand miles max and the bike had not been dropped or damaged in any way.  I challenged Fowlers who make it clear that couldn't care less - "not my problem gov" territory.  I tried to explain that I understood that they couldn't know what had happened to the bike and therefore wasn't after compensation or anything - just for them to take a second look and acknowledge that IF what I was telling them was true surely there was an issue with their testing procedures but they couldn't care less.  I vowed never to use them again and I haven't.  I then took the bike to another tester, disclosed fully what had happened and he tested this point specifically and confirmed there was no problem with the frame.
 :soap:
To be fair they are good for a wide range of kit, I find their spares department excellent and they do a decent cup of tea for less than a quid.  For servicing I use a small independent in Bristol (Kellaway Motorcyles) who are helpful and reasonably priced.  No contest.