Author Topic: Almax  (Read 1570 times)

Offline bencav

Almax
« on: December 13, 2011, 19:02:57 »
Yep, can't sing their praises highly enough. A local company to me so was nice to support a fellow northerner!

Having seen the chains up close, the 16mm will satisfy all but the most extreme paranoia, and then the 19m will kick in to overcome that afflition!

Took me a while to overcome the proce difference between say an Oxford chain and the almax, but I know I made the right call, even if they are a little spendy!

Great service and advice from a nice gadjee in Newcastle!!!

http://www.almax-security-chains.co.uk/

Offline 2112

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition
Re: Almax
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 19:13:03 »
Nice, I've heard of them but I didn't know they were local. I once 'aquired' a 25mm link chain from work with a 55 ton lifting rating ! Stupidly heavy and ultimately too big and numpty to use. I tried to cut it down a few links and gave up after 5 mins with a petrol stihl saw...
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline Treebeard

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 19:53:56 »
Yep +1 for almax. Got one of their chains too.  :thumb:

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 19:57:59 »
:thumb: Likewise - no idea they were just in lemington...pass that way at least once a week! They look serious kit. I like the 25 quid off bikesure, too...

2112 - that chain must be worth something in scrap, at least! Or a drag anchor for the Shields ferry!
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi