Author Topic: Euro classification  (Read 391 times)

Offline 101driver

• Bike: DL650 K9X
Euro classification
« on: February 11, 2024, 19:35:47 »
I am sure this will have been answered before but I am clearly putting the wrong words in the search box.
I would appreciate anyone pointing me to correct thread or simply answering my question. I need to know what Euro emission class My DL650 K9 X year 2010 is for application for Crit de air for when I travel to France. The emmision figures on my log book seem to indicate Euro 4 compliant? Any insights would be appreciated. Thank You.

Offline The Doctor 46

• The Doctor 46
  • Bike: DL1000A L4. DL650 L2
Re: Euro classification
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2024, 20:24:24 »
I was going to mention looking at your log book but when I read on I saw that you already have.  :thumb:
Without rain, there would be no rainbows.

Offline Rusty Nuts

• Manufacturer of iron oxide
  • Bike: KTM 1090 in orange, of course.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2024, 20:36:15 »
Or just avoid Paris, Lyon, Grenoble, Lille, Strasbourg and Toulouse. :grin:

Offline StromGeeza

• Global Moderator
  • Bike: just scoots now
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2024, 09:12:27 »
Calling @JoeRocket...

Offline Upt North

• Bike: DL650 L7
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2024, 09:28:31 »
From Bennetts.
For E4, all new bikes sold throughout Europe after 1 January 2017. Anything sold under previous regulations will still be totally legal and won’t be forced to meet harder rules. The new regulations are being applied only to new bikes, and over two stages. The first stage applies to newly-designed machines that first went on sale after 1 January 2016 – so things like Kawasaki’s 2016 ZX-10R and Triumph’s new water-cooled Bonnevilles are already compliant. The second stage, in force from 1 January 2017, applies to existing models, which will have to be updated and retested to prove they pass the new rules.

Compared to the Euro 3 emissions rules that have been in place for the last decade, Euro 4 emissions standards represents a massive step forward. Not only are the absolute limits hugely reduced but the testing methods are becoming tougher and addition durability rules are coming into force to ensure that bikes remain emissions-compliant even as they get older.

Although there are different restrictions depending on a bike’s capacity and performance, the most important numbers are the ones that apply to unrestricted bikes over 125cc. They see CO (carbon monoxide) levels dropping from 2.0g/km (grams per kilometre) to 1.14g/km. Hydrocarbons will be cut from 0.3g/km to 0.17g/km and oxides of nitrogen (NOx) are cut from 0.15g/km to 0.09g/km.

Online Rixington43

• Bike: DL1000GT K7
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2024, 09:39:49 »
Had this to deal with a couple of years ago.
If you go to the official Crit'Air site then it tells you to use the date of first registration if your V5 doesn't have a value for Euro Status under section v.9.

https://certificat-air.gouv.fr/

Your year does come out as Euro 4 with a Crit'Air rating of 2, as did mine.
The restrictions don't apply on autoroutes that go through towns/cities, you can find maps of each zone individually but obviously not a map of all the zones at once because that would be too easy ;)

No cities or zones are even restricting '3' yet although that does come in for some in Jan next year which will exclude my car.
Good job I'd rather wash my own balls in battery acid than drive into Paris or Lyon then :)

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2024, 11:12:19 »
Strange that people rely on date of first registration when a bike can be years old when it is sold as new. e.g. the K9 is 2009 model. The L0 is 2010 model and they are different engines and frames. 
This doesn't last forever, so do it while you can.

Offline Upt North

• Bike: DL650 L7
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2024, 12:31:50 »
Brockett, firstly they're French, pffffffftttttt.
Secondly, they're erm......French.
When I put the Pan in the CritAir site it went into melt down, then unapologetically informed me I was dirty so no certificate would be issued to this smelly English person. Pffffffftttttt.
I really enjoyed revving the Pan unnecessarily when we rode through Grenoble.
Upt.

Offline 101driver

• Bike: DL650 K9X
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2024, 19:12:32 »
Thank you for all of the replies and help came out as 2 but as pointed out was generated from year which would only accept euro3 even though log book shows it to be Euro4 spec and on criteria specified on Crit de air which is co only its a higher spec.
Anyway 2 sticker is ordered so thank you for your replies and help.

Offline Tomfum

• Bike: Suzuki v strom
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2024, 11:25:11 »
 Its OK saying it lasts the life time of the bike . So what happens when your sticker gets old ..or you want to change your screen 🤷‍♀️

Offline Dark-Strom

• Bike: 2018 Ninja 650
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2024, 11:50:22 »
Another reason to not find the enthusiasm to go biking abroad  :roll:
May your God go with you...
(Dave Allen)