Oily Rag - Dedicated to Pat, Greywolf. 26/06/45 - 04/06/18 > Screens

OK Screens again?

(1/2) > >>

blackops:
Had my dl650x for two weeks now without saying it I love the bike its great don't know why I didn't buy one sooner.Been experimenting with the two screens I got with the bike it came with the standard screen and the dark smoked one which I believe is the x screen? comparing the two you would have thought the standard screen would give more protection but no the x screen seems to stop all the buffeting and wind noise has anybody on the forum found this?I will probably end up with a mra eventually but for now the x screen seems OK . Regards Jed.By the way I'm 6,1.

stangbanger:
I'm in the exact same boat as you, just got the bike and was given both screens with it, my dealer says I Should be dine with the std clear one in its std setting and MOST riders that have complained about the buffeting have had the screen in the high position and when they switch it to the std position the buffeting goes away. A few say the sexy black screen is way better but he hates the fitment of it and they tend not to use them at all.

I had a quick fiddle and indeed the firment of it isn't great but I think it can be sorted with a wee bit of filing to the holes, the main large round one seems to be a wee tad too far to the screens edge and is forcing it to not sit just right, did you have any issues with fitting it????? Now don't get me wrong its not a million miles away and horrible looking on the bike but the 2 plastic screw covers don't sit just quite right.

I plan on having a bodge at it now that I'm home for the weekend and see if I can get it sitting right and if its as good as you say ill be happy as I think it just looks sexy on the bike and way nicer than the clear one

blackops:
Had to fiddle about a bit as you say to get it to sit right took about 15 mins to get it something like.Having previously had a Transalp the x screen really is a luxury the Givi on the Transalp was awful and cost me 100 quid as well!won't part with any hard earned cash until I'm really sure what screen I want.After all I'm 60 and been biking all my life if I want that much luxury might as well drive the wifes cage. Oh and the next thing is the Suzuki luggage hell its wide!! might have to look at other options or get a wide load sticker. Jed.

minkyhead:
don't  go into screen roulette      

just buy a madstad   there going up that much    you'll get your money back when you sell    /... :shrug:
the brackets  are  real  good     what  screen you put with them depends     on you height  or tolarance
first class product   I  ride open face   all the time      
and  the madtad  is   brill   [no I'm not from madstad  ]      
I wish they made them  as good as this for every  bike   they  would get my  coin     :shock:      

http://www.madstad.com/

Juvecu:
+1 for getting a Madstad. I started with the standard screen, it's terrible. Put some washers under it for a few days, not much difference. Bought a tall MRA Vario, 80% better, but you have to have it up quite high. I put some longer bolts and stacks of washers under the MRA to get some airflow under the screen, 90% better than standard. Bought a Madstad and a Givi barn door screen for the winter, together they were great. The big screen is bad in the wind though and it adds to fuel consumption, but it's great for protection against the elements. I put the standard screen on the Madstad, I'd probably say it's about equal to having the MRA, BUT I haven't even started playing around with different settings yet so I'm sure I can get it better still. I think I might sell the MRA Vario once I'm sure the standard screen + Madstad is all I need (and I'll use Givi barn door for the winter.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version