Author Topic: Glee on the way  (Read 1173 times)

Offline Mark Shelley

• Bike: GW250 SV650N
Glee on the way
« on: July 25, 2016, 22:26:09 »
Put a deposit on a 2014 Glee today and have just spent a considerable sum this evening ordering Heed engine bars and sump guard, hand guards, baglux tank cover, Givi pannier rails, 12v DIN supply to fit ready for a two up tour of Northern Spain.
I have a fully kitted BMW R1100GS which is simply brilliant with Wilbers shocks and a 30 litre GSA tank but I am not getting any younger and it is a real lump to move about.
One thing that I am pretty sure I will want to do is add some bar risers. What is the max height you can get away with without having to change cables or hoses?

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
Re: Glee on the way
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 22:47:18 »
 :welcome: Mark,

Enjoy the new bike. You're better off asking any questions in the relevant sections, this one is just to say hello  :thumb:
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Offline obalanga

• Bike: DL650 K8
Re: Glee on the way
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 00:05:22 »
I have a 2008 wee. On account of the research I did I could raise the bars 25mm with out needing longer cables or by passing the coily bracket routing thing they pass through. But when I actually fitted the risers my brake lines were so stretched my mechanic mate had to fit longer ones for me.