« Last post by 2112 on May 13, 2024, 17:06:19 »
she opened a can
Pictures / Re: Le cock sportif
« Last post by Asmith61 on May 13, 2024, 17:00:11 »
 lol lol
Humour / Re: Four Word Story
« Last post by Jim13_Wee_Strom on May 13, 2024, 16:50:16 »
said Snow White as
Oil/Lubrication / Castrol Power 1 - synthetic or semi-synthetic?
« Last post by mrp192 on May 13, 2024, 16:35:54 »
I have always used Castrol Power 1 semi synthetic oil in my 2015 Glee and 2022 DL1050.
I have used this as the mechanic at the dealer I bought the Glee from said, ‘it’s better to use semi synthetic oil in these engines, as they are based on old technology and they seem to prefer it to synthetic oil’.

He added that it would also be better to carry on with the old oil change limit of 3750 miles rather than the new 7500miles limit, that was introduced when Suzuki started recommending synthetic oil.
He also said under no circumstances mix the two types as they will adversely react and may damage the engine.

Now I took that all as good advice, and have followed it until I sold the Glee after 40,000 reliable miles and also with the 1050 after the dealer told me they use semi-synthetic oil at the first service.

Last week, I tried to buy some Castrol Power 1 from Halfords and noticed that the words semi synthetic have gone from the label on the back of the bottle.
I asked for assistance and the manager and I looked at the Halfords website, where under description it says ‘this synthetic oil’ and under specifications it says, ‘part synthetic’.
As he couldn’t confirm which type it was I held off and emailed Castrol Tech Help.
After having to email back screenshots of the particular oil I wanted to purchase they confirm that their Power 1 oil is ‘part synthetic/synthetic technology’.  :angry-banghead:

So can anyone explain what that means or alternatively recommend a different brand of semi synthetic oil I can switch to?

Thank,Mark.
Pictures / Le cock sportif
« Last post by Rusty Nuts on May 13, 2024, 16:28:23 »
A new line in t-shirts, courtesy of Ridaz.
« Last post by 2112 on May 13, 2024, 13:33:54 »
up is very fizzy
« Last post by Brockett on May 13, 2024, 12:20:04 »
or not. However seven
The Blue Oyster bar / Re: The moaning old git thread
« Last post by Brockett on May 13, 2024, 12:17:50 »
My sone was a late starter on bikes. He has a helmet camera and it is always on. He sends me a daily report on poor driving and phone use. He no longer reports phone use to the police because they have never acted on the videos he has sent  even though they clearly show the driver and the number plate. They have now told him to stop sending them.
As a pedestrian ( yes even I have been that ), just stand on an urban road junction and watch the cars going by and notice one in five is holding / using a phone.
The Blue Oyster bar / Re: What’s the chance of that happening
« Last post by 2112 on May 13, 2024, 10:20:54 »
I hope they enjoyed their little trip  :grin:
The Blue Oyster bar / Re: The moaning old git thread
« Last post by mr_diver on May 13, 2024, 07:30:11 »
It's been like the above in Port Toilet for years, just seems to be spreading.

My parents noticed the amazingly poor driving standards when they moved here about 6 years ago. I'd been here a while and got accustomed to it.  :shrug:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]