Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Introductions / Re: Newbie
« Last post by Ray1965 on Today at 12:16:37 »
 :welcome2:
Exhausts / Re: Can you fit earlier silencers to a 2024 1050?
« Last post by Phild on Today at 09:49:56 »
Thanks Dave.

My out going bike was a pre-reg 2022 (72) 1050XT been on the road 11 months.

Last June I did 3170 miles on it, down to Southern Italy. I did 600 miles from Dijon to Weston-super-Mare, on the last day. Fantastic bike.

The one I’m after is the same year / colour model, but never been registered. If the deal comes off I’ll be on a 24 plate, which may confuse some people. 👍
Exhausts / Re: Can you fit earlier silencers to a 2024 1050?
« Last post by Dave hendy on Today at 08:43:59 »
Stick with me on this one…….

I keep my bikes a long time. My previous bike, a CBF1000FAB, I had for ten years.

With the above in mind, this bike would probably be my last. Therefore, I thought sod it….. all I want to do is clean it and ride it. I took out a three year Suzuki service plan. 600 miles, 12, 24, 36 months and first MOT… £31 for 36 months, totalling £1116 for four services and one MOT. No price increases either. The services are done as per Suzuki servicing schedules. Paying individually the 600 mile one alone is £189. If I continue with Suzuki servicing then the warranty is extended year on year up to year 7.

My first annual service was due to be done on 2nd May. However, on the 18th April, a kind person pulled out in front of me (all on Dashcam) and my pride and joy is now written off.

Hopefully I’ll have sourced an exact replacement for it tomorrow. The last unregistered 2022 1050 XT in the country.🤞

Sorry to hear that your accident and that your bike was written off. Hopefully your new bike will be as good, always exciting getting a new bike  :lala:

I don’t have a date for mine but hopefully no longer than 2 weeks!
Just had the wettest ride ever on my way to the MOT garage. Dropped the bike off (Lloyd’s Honda in Carlisle) and walked round the corner to work… got in and looked an absolute mess! Dry underneath but I looked like a drowned rat. Hopefully it will pass easily as always and I can look forward to an even wetter ride home  :whistle:
On my way back from Dorset last week, I got a slight feeling that the clutch cable wasn't quite right. I couldn't say exactly what was amiss, but after 20,000 miles together you kind of get a gut feel. Also, the front brakes have had a very slight squeak to them for a while when moving the bike around in the garage.

So, yesterday I disconnected the clutch cable, in situ. The cable was moving OK without the telltale feel of broken strands. I cleaned up both exposed ends and put some lube in the top end of the cable and turned my attention to the level. This I removed completely and gave a really good clean. I greased the pivot bolt, and reinstalled the lever which now had a much slicker feel.

Cable reconnected and switch checked it all feel a lot nicer now.

Brakes, I just pulled the front calipers off. Plenty of meat on all the pads but a bit of a buildup of dust in the wear slot on one pad. Nothing on the disc to indicate why, so a good clean there too. I pushed both pistons back a little, both to make reinstallation easier but also to make sure there was no binding / sticking. Both calipers were then reinstalled and the brake lever pumped to get all the pads back in contact with the discs.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to check everythings OK with a ride this week, but the weather is not looking too hopeful.
Have you tried pulling the spark plugs, for the duration of the test, so that you are not fighting the engine compression?
Introductions / Re: Nearly there 🥳
« Last post by UK_Vstrom650 on Today at 07:42:58 »
 :welcome:
V-Strom specific discussion / Re: Locks for Suzuki Luggage
« Last post by Gert on Today at 07:42:27 »
Please remember to post a follow-up on your luggage lock replacement project.
Not much info is shared on the linked site wrt the physical specs / diamensions of the lock set or the locking tang / latch info, like whether the locking tang is held in place by two screws (as in pix of reply #15) or by a single lock nut.
« Last post by Gert on Today at 07:13:27 »
 :welcome:
« Last post by NeilM on Today at 06:45:42 »
 :welcani:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10