Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Humour / Re: Four Word Story
« Last post by Brockett on Today at 10:44:02 »
at the Palace with
The Blue Oyster bar / Copilot can it be removed from a PC?
« Last post by Brockett on Today at 10:41:23 »
This thing jumped up on my screen and started waving at me like a three year old wanting attention. Some invasive microsoft thing trying to scoop up my data and sell it off to the business world.
"ask me a question" it demanded
I wrote why don't you F*** off and leave my PC alone
It replied " I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way. I'm here to help with your windows 11 experience."  ( I could almost hear the voice of HAL at work although it has not yet called me "Dave".)
It still sits in the corner of the screen and I'd like to shut it down completely.
Can it be got rid of?   
It has not put up a message " it might be time to move onto a new topic. Lets start over."   The only relationship I'll ever have with a PC is when it warms me by the fire I just put it in.
Wanted / Re: 2014 exhaust valve cables
« Last post by Rusty Nuts on Today at 10:41:09 »
I can verify that. When you hear the Varadero's taps opening you're already too late for dropping a gear and winding it on.  :) :auto-dirtbike:
« Last post by The Doctor 46 on Today at 10:40:19 »
be nice with tea
I've been chasing an intermittent sticky throttle over the past few months/years. I've cleaned and lubed every linkage going more than once and even started wondering if the throttle cables needed replacing.
Note to self, check the bloody obvious before you go chasing ghosts 😬.
Bar rubbed back, kurust applied and primed for top coat, once I buy some.
Cables and linkages are free as anything so a nice cheap, if dumb, fix.
Wanted / Re: 2014 exhaust valve cables
« Last post by mr_diver on Today at 10:09:31 »
My Varadero with it's Dominator straight through exhausts (without baffles), K&N air filter and PAIR system removed will pop and bang incredibly load.

There are villagers in mid Wales who's years are still ringing from the last time we went through there a couple of years ago in August.

I've been told riders behind me have used the popping as a tell if the road is clear ahead or not when I'm leading.  :auto-dirtbike:  :auto-dirtbike: (popping = traffic, slow down / bark and roar =  road clear, go faster)
« Last post by 2112 on Today at 09:14:21 »
caramel biscuits. This would
Tyres / Re: New Bridgestone Adventure Trail AT41 tyre
« Last post by 2112 on Today at 09:12:58 »
I should have added that these were £272.88 fitted to loose wheels. That's in 120/70/19 & 170/60/17 sizes  :thumb:
The Blue Oyster bar / Re: How Many Bikes?
« Last post by NeilM on Today at 07:48:20 »
Fascinating to see the long and short lists of bikes.

Mine looks like something from a different era.

I was 16 in 1975, so.... moped, but no money and a Bank Manager father who DID NOT approve of HP.

1967 Raleigh Runabout RM6
1966 Royal Enfield Crusader Sport 250, dressed as a Continental GT. Passed my test, saved up and got.
1970 Triumph T100P - 500cc ex Police rocket ship. Bike crash as pillion and a summer in hospital / on crutches.
1st Car, a Mk2 Cortina, that phase of my life lasted a month and the car was sold to a friend of my mum.
1967 Triumph T120 Bonneville
1975 Norton Commando Interstate 850 Mk3, electric start (?)
Marriage, mortgage, kids.
1970 Triumph T25 Trail Blazer
1973 Laverda 3C 1000
1956 Triumph Thunderbird 750. Flat Tracker. Started with a set of crankcases bored to take 750 barrels, and built from parts bought all over the place. Check out AWOL magazine January 1993, it's in there.
1970 Norton Commando Roadster 750. Bought cheap locally from a lovely old bloke called Jim. It wasn't as fast or fun as the Thunderbird or 3C so was sold a month later.
Another gap.
1998 Buell S3 Thunderbolt.
Another short gap.
2015 VStrom 650
1975 Triumph T140. Swapped for the Thunderbird in 1994 and delivered as many boxes of rusty bits. Now nearing completion.

There have been a couple of others, a CZ 175 Trail which was turned into a field / trial-ish bike. A Honda GC125 built from a pile of bits bought out of the back of a Transit van from a bloke in Cheddar, but I think that's about the size of it, so far.
It was mighty breezy here yesterday, but with clear blue skies.... mostly, so I took the opportunity to get out on the 650.

I whizzed up to Bristol to Fowlers to take a look / sit on a Tracer 9 and a 850GS, as I have a possible fly / ride planned for next year and these are two of the bikes on offer. I then went over to Superbike Factory as I wanted to try a 750GS, but they have a 'look but don't touch' policy. I didn't fancy an hour long sales pitch, so I didn't 'ask for assistance', my previous sit on the Tracer was enough to tell me the Beemers are a closer feel to my VStrom.

Came out of Bristol on the A38 and then turned left to head across the Chew Valley, then up and onto the Mendips, where it really was blowing.

A few tractors slowed things down a little, but they are working and I'm on holiday, so I just hang back.

Coming down I had to choose between Cheddar Gorge and Burrington Combe. Cheddar is rugged but Burrington has far better road surfaces. I then took the winding way back towards Weston and that's when the rain started. Not hard and not really a nuisance, but.... I only washed the bike on Sunday.

Another very pleasant 75 miles, the bike really does feel great and if the weather will just play ball next week, I'll be doing an overnight camp in Dorset, a visit to the Sammy Miller museum and a nice run home through the New Forest. By then I think it'll be ready for an oil and filter change ready for our 2024 adventures.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10