Author Topic: AL4 Suzuki pannier lock fault  (Read 488 times)

Offline AdvntureSi

• Bike: DL1000 AL4, Varadero 1000, Bandit 1200, RG250 Gamma MK3
AL4 Suzuki pannier lock fault
« on: September 09, 2023, 18:05:46 »
Hello. Had a search but couldn't see anything related.. wonder if anyone has info.. (these are the Suzuki panniers with the overly complicated 4point locking mech that still doesn't keep the water out..)
Basically the lock opened normally, lift the catch and the pannier door opened. But upon closing the lock mechanism won't go down and shut.. looks like the plate that should move as the catch is pressed down, is out of place/not moving.. stopped Ng the locking pin from passing and then being able to turn to lock in place..
Looks like there are some rivets holding the whole thing together so I shall be drilling those out...
If nobody has further info, I shall take pics and write up what I have found.. and how to fix..
Cheers

Offline AdvntureSi

• Bike: DL1000 AL4, Varadero 1000, Bandit 1200, RG250 Gamma MK3
Re: AL4 Suzuki pannier lock fault
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2023, 12:01:53 »
So..  it looks like the stainless plate has moved across and got stuck.. a sharp screwdriver against the flat surface of it has pushed it back into position and is now working..
 I really don't like the complicated mech they have on here, it's great in principle, but reduces capacity and adds weight and more things to break..