Author Topic: Do the standard and Suzuki touring screens have the same fittings?  (Read 2361 times)

Offline mrp192

• Bike: V-Strom 1050
My Glee came from new with a 'Suzuki touring screen' rather than the standard type.
I wanted to try it in the higher setting so took the screws out and the wellnuts remained in the cowling. Have now read on here how to remove them if they won't pull out so that's sorted as they wouldn't come out with gentle persuasion.
My query is, there were spacers behind the screen, shorter at the bottom and longer at top, but the moulded mounting positions on the cowling for the upper and lower positions are slightly further out than the middle position. Should I use the same spacers which I presume will leave a bigger gap between the screen and cowling or do I need different shorter ones?
Thanks, Mark.

Offline user650

• Bike: DL650A M3 in fast white (Gen 3), DL650A M2 in fast white (Gen 3)
I would keep the spacers the same if your bolts are long enough, the wellnuts do come out with a bit of a struggle or buy some more off fleabay to use on the upper holes.
If It Starts Ride It
Don't Say Cheese Say Wensleydale
I'm Big on the inside, small on the outside
What happens in Wales gets told to everyone

Posh Paul
IBA Member
RBLR 1000 '18
Armistice 1000 '18
RBLR 1000 '19
RBLR 1000 '22
RBLR 1000 '23

Offline SuzukiSte

The standard type screen does not need spacers only the touring standard screen needs them I have swopped my standard screen for the vario screen whit spacers. :thumb:

Offline mrp192

• Bike: V-Strom 1050
Thanks for that. I managed to wiggle the well nuts out after they had spent a day no longer under compression.
Used a tip from rusty nuts (thanks) from another thread in this section of placing them in a cup of boiling water and it worked a treat and the compressed bulge disappeared so they could be reused.
Took 5 minutes to replace the screen in the higher position where it does sit out further from the cowling.
It looks a bit weird but need to get out for a ride and see if it improves the shaking my visor does when partially open at the moment, without upsetting the generally good overall ride I had with the screen in the middle position.