Author Topic: Helmet & Jacket advice.  (Read 2731 times)

Offline rus998

• Bike: DL650XTA L6, Vincent Comet
Helmet & Jacket advice.
« on: October 10, 2020, 03:06:58 »
Am in need of a new Helmet & jacket and am looking a Caberg Duke II and a Oxford Montreal 3.0 Textile Jacket. Do any members have either and can give some feedback? Am also looking for a good Bluetooth setup.

Offline scatz

• Bike: DL1050XT M0
Re: Helmet & Jacket advice.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 21:55:36 »
Just bought the Montreal for £150. Looked at so many other textile jackets. For me, the only other one I really liked was the Bering Balistik which is a much more expensive jacket at £320, is laminated too, fitted beautifully. But, picking up spanky new orange/white 1050 XT tomorrow, need new gloves/boots too (everything about 10-15 years old !!!) so wallet cried a lot and the Oxford Montreal won.

It fits really quite well, lots and lots of good reviews, and the shop I bought it from admitted they get the least complaints from buyers of them and it's one of their biggest sellers. Fingers (once in new gloves) crossed it'll be fine, think it will  :)

Lid - I'd suggest go to a good shop, you get to try them on, everyones head is a slightly different shape, what fits one person may not another. I've got a Shoei Neotec about 3 yrs old and rate it highly. The wife has an LS2 Valiant and she really loves it (good price too).

Hope this helps !

Offline roganjoshing

• Loving my first Vee Twin
  • Bike: DL650 L0
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 10:36:47 »
Recently bought an Oxford Mondial to replace my 5yr old and no-longer-waterproof Dainese jacket.  Haven't had chance to test it for long distance waterproofness yet but it feels and looks like a quality item.  Very narrow cuffs so you won't get gloves inside them if it rains.  Other than that, good value from Sportsbike shop at the moment (£189)

Offline hotbulb

• Bike: DL650 L4
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 17:39:37 »
I have a Montreal 3 jacket - good fit, comfortable to wear, good venting on hot days, and reasonably warm on cold (with the liner in).
>
>
>
However, the sleeves let in water(near the elbows), and one "wrist" zip has broken ... although I've been careful it tended to snag on the underlying perforated liner, and some teeth have now detached themselves from the zip body, rendering it useless. Currently a nuisance, but will be a problem in the cold/wet of winter.
But I like the jacket and am thinking of buying the Mondial (laminated!)

Offline rus998

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 03:26:35 »
Looks like the Mondial is the one to go for, down side is it is now £249.99 from Sportsbikeshop  :shock:

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2020, 11:32:31 »
If there's no rush, SBS will have a 'Black Friday' sale in November...

Offline kissofdeath

• Bike: Veek
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2020, 17:03:59 »
as hotbulb says...THE SLEAVES F**KING LEAK LIKE A SIVE,
I've just replaced mine with a mondial, seems nice if a little short but not really been out in the rain yet

Offline Mep

• Bike: DL1000GT K8
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2020, 13:20:06 »
I've got the Mondial suit. Really pleased with it. The jacket is fantastic. Totally dry, well vented & warm with the lining. Loads of pockets. No problem getting the cuffs over my Held air n dry gloves. The sleeves are a bit tight further up, so I had to go to an XL instead of L. Bought from Bridge in Exeter so tried on before buying.

Offline kissofdeath

• Bike: Veek
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2020, 18:35:11 »
as hotbulb says...THE SLEEVES F**KING LEAK LIKE A SIVE,
I've just replaced mine with a mondial, seems nice if a little short but not really been out in the rain yet

but to be fair, the trousers are great...so far, had them a couple of years now so can't complain

*btw I altered the spelling lol

Offline hotbulb

• Bike: DL650 L4
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2020, 09:27:25 »
Yes, I'm happy with the Montreal trousers too....they seem to keep the rain out properly 😎

Offline Nelson

• Bike: DL650XT L7
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2020, 10:59:38 »
Bought the Mondial about a year ago and sleeve zip problem of snagging as per the Montreal is the same, so you need to be careful not to cause damage. It's been waterproof so far, but in heavy rain I tend to put an Oxford Rainseal jacket over the top which also adds to the warmth factor. Wouldn't want to do a 200 mile plus trip with no additional warmth. Seems to be the cheapest way into laminated jacket ownership - well done Oxord.
I find helmets too much of a personal choice to have valid comments - for example I was attracted at one point to LS helmets and tried them all on at the NEC a couple of years ago - I couldn't stand any of them due to being very uncomfortable, while I have friends who are very happy with them.
You'll never find yourself flying down the road wishing you were wearing less protective clothing.

Offline rus998

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2021, 02:47:22 »
Glad I waited as have just bought an Oxford Montreal 3.0 Textile Jacket - Black Fluo for £99.99 from Sportsbikeshop.co.uk  :lala: