Author Topic: SERVICE INDICATOR  (Read 303 times)

Offline Olympus

• Sometime your the pigeon and other times the statu
  • Bike: Suzuki v strom 650 xt
SERVICE INDICATOR
« on: April 01, 2024, 17:54:46 »
Hi there, I'm after some clarification please.. I have a 2023 650  and my question is will the machine display a service indicator (spaner) when the mileage/time is up?
I read that 800 & 1050 have this and there is a means to extinguish it using a jumper wire on the diag plug... but do I have the same option on the 650???

Offline nigel s

• Bike: DL650A M2
Re: SERVICE INDICATOR
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2024, 18:08:43 »
Welcome,
Nope,no need.
No canbus ,so no service indicators,rest easy .Purely down to the owner when it needs a service.
650s are the BEST :icon_wink:........ :stirpot:

Ho Hum

Offline Gert

• Bike: DL650 K5 Blue, DL650 K6 Red
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2024, 07:43:08 »
 :welcome:
On my 1st gen Wee, I have two trip meters. Trip meter 1 and trip meter 2. The first trip meter I use for monitoring the mileage travelled from last refuel. The second trip meter setting, I use to monitor how many kilos (in your case, miles) have been traveled since the last oil change / service.
While I keep a detailed record of every service and repair done on each bike, in digital format, me using the second trip meter for the service monitoring saves me time from having to consult my digital records.   I also scratch / engrave the mileage and date of the oil change onto the oil filter before installing the said filter. This is just in case I, for some reason, accidently clear / reset the 2nd trip meter reading.
Other owners may use the 2nd trip meter reading for a different purpose. Each unto his own.

Offline Olympus

• Sometime your the pigeon and other times the statu
  • Bike: Suzuki v strom 650 xt
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2024, 10:18:13 »
That's smashing, thanks blokes :old: :clap:

Offline nigel s

• Bike: DL650A M2
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2024, 19:18:09 »
I am a paper man,so have it all on my map/receipt wall in my office/spare room.
I tend to use the second trip for way points/total ride miles ,the first as Gert ,for miles on a tank.It is another info point and can help ,if the MPG suddenly goes up I know to start looking for a cause.I know the screen gives this but ,again, I have got into the habit from when my bikes didn't have all this info.Some of the first ones didn't even have a working speedo  :icon_wink:
I used to put tyres up too,but the fazer in the pic on the wall used £5000 of tyres in the time I had it,the bike cost me the same as I spent on tyres ........shit.
Not  going to be a problem on the 650 :icon_wink:

Ho Hum