Author Topic: Black Brompton Folding Bike  (Read 2148 times)

Offline The Doctor 46

• The Doctor 46
  • Bike: DL1000A L4. DL650 L2
Black Brompton Folding Bike
« on: May 07, 2022, 19:48:44 »
I bought a used Brompton 3 speed folding bike some years ago. I loved it so much that I bought another, a six speed in what they call "Raw" that is it's not painted but lacquered so you can admire the brazed joints, very nice in my opinion. I carry it in the boot always and it is well used.

To be honest, I mostly only use 3 of it's six gears and realise that the 3 speed was perfect. I gave the bike to my brother who then bought a mountain bike and gave me the Brompton back so, now I have two again and only need one.

There is only one tiny fault with it. I recently put it into a shop to have the gearing serviced because it was making a strange clicking noise. After two months waiting for a part to arrive (a rear sprocket) I got it back in perfect condition but didn't notice until I got home that they had broken the front mudguard blade. It costs less than £14 for a new one from Brompton,  the stays are in perfect condition and can be used on the new blade.

Anyway, it is for sale. I drove 140 mile round trip to buy it and paid £500 and hardly used it before buying the new one. I would like £450 pounds for it plus posting but anybody who would like to meet at Exeter services M5 could save postage.

I have lots of air guns and don't need another but would swap for a really good Weirhrauch HW77 with a decent scope or without the scope if the gun is like new. I have a HW100 and a HW98 and won't swap for anything other than the HW77.

Sorry, I can't post pictures but can send lots on Watsap or you could come and have a look and decide. If interested please send me a PM with your phone number if you would like the pictures sent.

Just to clarify, it is the black 3 speed for sale or swap. cheers. Jim.
Good things rarely come to those who wait, best go out and get them while you can before it's too late.

Offline The Doctor 46

• The Doctor 46
  • Bike: DL1000A L4. DL650 L2
Re: Black Brompton Folding Bike
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 21:06:54 »
Sold, Sold, Sold.
Good things rarely come to those who wait, best go out and get them while you can before it's too late.