Author Topic: Top Box Bracket extension  (Read 6121 times)

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
Top Box Bracket extension
« on: September 12, 2009, 09:32:55 »
Hi all, a member `raggydan` has brought to my attention a simple extension plate which allows the top box on the Suzi lugguge to be moved back by a couple of inches. It looks a very good, simple and cheap `fix`. If anyone is interested and has the same luggage then let me know and I will look to design a kit in stainless steel for you. Looks a good idea and I would expect the kit, for members only, to be in the region of £15. and yes, fitting would be free at my factory. If you contact him I am sure he would tell you more about it. regards,
Red Wine. God's way of saying he loves us and wants us to be happy but, just how happy does he want us to be?

Offline raggydan

Re: Top Box Bracket extension
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 12:03:49 »
along the lines of this.....obviously better made than mine.

Offline Sven

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 13:48:17 »
Hi Mark. Yes I would be interested in one of these. Had thought about making one myself but lack of time (& skills) has restricted me. A nice one in stainless would be excellent :grin:

Offline jeyre60152

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 19:05:10 »
Very interested in this!!

Offline raggydan

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 19:52:36 »
For those that are interested can I just point out that I think there must be 2 types
of rear rack,mine...the picture on this post., and this type

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Suzuki-DL-1000-V- ... 286.c0.m14

My rack is from an 07 650.

Offline Sparx

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 20:32:01 »
Marvelous Innit, I got my dl650k7 & was immediately peed off that topbox had to come off to remove seat!
one week old and I'm drilling new front fixing holes to move studs back 35mm. then using 'T' shaped bracket for cupboard/shelf repairs from local hardware shop, little double set, 2 holes, 2 pop rivits refit rear fixing, Job done,
 1 hour+ £0.60p was amazed Suzi got it so wrong!
Like sound of SSteel bracket if not too large/heavy, much neater than mine.
If available will order with both rad covers when ready for 650,
keep up the good work, have not found many bits for bike,
thanks
Rode fast - Too old to 'die young'!

Offline doublevodka

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 16:22:33 »
any updates on this? some kind soul who previously owned mine has already modded but would be tempted by a neatly made stainless version rather than the big lump of steel on there now ;)
Alcohol, the cause, and solution to many of lifes problems!

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 19:24:10 »
Hi all, I`ll take a look when I get chance over the next week or so - I did try to look at it before but was concerned about all the variants.

Is there anyone close who would like to help me with the R&D? They`ll get a free rack/plate when it`s done!

Regards,
Mark
www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk
Red Wine. God's way of saying he loves us and wants us to be happy but, just how happy does he want us to be?

Offline Backdraft

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 21:37:14 »
Hi Mark, not close enough too help unfortunatly but I will 100% order one - my other half reckons there is less room on the DL1000 than the Bandit - can't be true !!
life is for living

Offline StreetHippo

• Bike: DL650A K9
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 14:12:24 »
I will have one too when they're done, was just thinking over this problem last night! Standard puts the pillion far too close (and you can't lift the seat).

Stu

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 14:40:26 »
HELP

Geezers - I need a cardboard template to help me do this - anyone kind enough to do one and the consequent `to-ing and `fro-ing` to get a usable end product will get some free bling!

I would say a beer when I see them but sadly I cannot make it to Andy`s bash  :bawl: otherwsie it would be good to meet some of the members.

Offline doublevodka

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 16:30:03 »
drop me a pm with exactly what you want on the template side of things and will endevour to knock something up for you ASAP, only fair since you've done loads for my fellow stromers ;)

I would assume you just need current mounting points but maybe something I've missed? perhaps you want the way my extension is fitted also?

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 16:43:12 »
I believe I need the mounting points (and dia of course) on a template and also the `ideal` size of the plate also. It is my understanding that the plate can be flat (?).

I really don't have much of a clue here so I am really in the dark but basically a cardboard cut-out would help tremendously along with as much supporting info that you can including any images.

you can use mark@cymarc.co.uk for mailing and thanks - I am not sure if this will work but it is better than nothing and hopefully will help some members.

regards,

mark.

Offline doublevodka

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2010, 23:34:49 »
Hi mark, dropped you an email with the specs of mine and a few piccies, hope this gets your creative juices going ;)

good luck :)

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 07:26:33 »
ta mate, I`ll take a look later!

Offline doublevodka

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2010, 22:12:57 »
oh forgot to add an ideal size for plate too, mine is about 10mm bigger than the mounting holes on each side, so 60mm  
 by 95mm or there abouts would work, but whatever you think

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 08:02:11 »
Ta mate, I`ll possibly send you something through the post anyway to make sure I understand what you are visualising.

Offline doublevodka

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 11:05:24 »
yeah no probs, let me know if you need to and will send you address details

Offline Spike

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 11:52:19 »
Any news on the top box extension???

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 13:35:32 »
Sorry spike, got as far as a drawing then my life went to ratshit, it possibly won`t be till I get back from Cornwall now but I`ll take me laptop with the design package in it but if her indoors sees me doing work stuff I`ll be feeling my own balls!

It`s a simple thing too, I think!