Author Topic: Pirelli Angel GTs on a Glee?  (Read 1427 times)

Offline Cam

• Bike: 2012 DL650
Pirelli Angel GTs on a Glee?
« on: November 18, 2015, 10:35:50 »
Hi all,

Need new tyres on my glee and, after much phoning around trying to get someone that can get Pilot Road 4s (standard or trail) in the next week, I've ended up ordering Pirelli Angel GT and I'm wondering if anyone has fitted them and what their opinion is.

I'm a high mileage (about 3k / month) 100% street rider and my primary concern is wet grip. Hoping they're a decent choice … ?

Offline Cam

Re: Pirelli Angel GTs on a Glee?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 09:40:34 »
Well, I'm sitting in Ducati Glasgow getting the Pirellis fitted. Not the greatest day to do this on! It's 2C here and I nearly dropped it on a patch of ice on entrance the Shell garage. Now I get to scrub them on the way home. What could possibly go wrong.

Offline MartinW

• Administrator
  • Bike: DL650 K4 Blue
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 09:54:32 »
Nothing.

I had January MOT's and Services for several years. I scared the crap out of myself on a couple of occasions and then moved the MOT to September to avoid the ice.

Just be careful out there.
Tall, Dark and Handsome (In 1987) - Just tall now !!

Chief Stasi

Offline Cam

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 11:59:13 »
Yeah, you were right, nothing went wrong. :-) Did about 40 miles on the way home without incident. A lot less vibey than the oe tyres but too soon to tell if grippier, though I'm sure they will be. Look cool too, so there's that.