Author Topic: Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS)  (Read 6158 times)

Offline Toddy64

Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS)
« on: October 10, 2015, 21:28:59 »
Here's a thing I'd like to read up on and can't find anything other than it's a sort of 'slipper clutch'.
Wondering if there's a decent write up anywhere that goes into detail as I don't want to break anything trying to work out.
 :ty:

Offline Roadrocket

• Live to ride, ride to live
  • Bike: Suzuki DL1000AL4ABS + DL650K5
Re: Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS)
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 06:02:59 »
I've read that it's the same clutch system shared with the Hyabusa, clutch assist the slipper only kicks in when hard accelerating and changing gear, think it makes the down shift less snatchy to prevent the rear wheel locking up

Offline Toddy64

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 09:05:37 »
Here's something,

Slipper Clutch:Improves rear tyre grip and stability when approaching bends, by reducing the pressure on the clutch pack under hard deceleration.
Suzuki Clutch Assist:Compresses the clutch pack under hard acceleration to eliminate clutch slip without the use of stronger clutch springs, allowing a lighter pull on the clutch lever.

Offline DeanoRay

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 10:05:57 »
Interesting read and good explanation :)

Offline Toddy64

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 10:54:55 »
Some more information from Suzuki;

Suzuki Clutch Assist: Compresses the clutch pack under hard acceleration to eliminate clutch slip without the use of stronger clutch springs, allowing a lighter pull on the clutch lever.

The traction control does alter the engine mapping but only under wheel slip conditions, most of the time it will change the ignition timing however under extreme conditions it will also close the secondary throttle butterflies as well.