Author Topic: New exhausts from MTC  (Read 4174 times)

Offline Dillmiester

New exhausts from MTC
« on: June 28, 2009, 18:11:58 »
Finally got round to taking pics of my new MTC's

Offline Dillmiester

Re: New exhausts from MTC
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 18:23:29 »
Quote from: "Dillmiester"
Finally got round to taking pics of my new MTC's

Great quality and finish.
Very easy to fit.
At last my bike sounds like a V twin should.
£260 bargain...

Offline Dedy

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 21:46:29 »
Hi

I've been looking at getting a pair of cans. Been looking at yours (MTC) and Bewulfs. How do you find the MTC's for noise and performance. Also did you remap engine?

Cheers

Dave :thumb:  :thumb:
One day, someone showed me a glass of water that was half full.  And he said, "Is it half full or half empty?"  So I drank the water.  No more problem.

Offline Dillmiester

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 20:58:23 »
Quote from: "Dedy"
Hi

I've been looking at getting a pair of cans. Been looking at yours (MTC) and Bewulfs. How do you find the MTC's for noise and performance. Also did you remap engine?

Cheers

Dave :thumb:  :thumb:
Hi
The MTC's are still doing their job very well, no problems with fitting or finish etc.
They sound great (like a v twin should) and are alot louder than the stock ones. If 0 was quite and 10 was feckin loud I would say thery were a 7 with the stock ones being a 3. Now I like this sound and also think it helps alert other road users to your presence but some may not appriciate it. I've not taken the baffles out yet (that would be a 10).
I have not needed a remap as the fueling sensor automatically compensates. There is no major increase in speed but there is a noticable improvement in OD, it now pulls more freely/quicker than before.
All good so far!

Offline Dedy

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 21:28:52 »
Thanks. Its always good to hear what they are really like before buying them. Now I just need to find the penny's ! :thumb:
One day, someone showed me a glass of water that was half full.  And he said, "Is it half full or half empty?"  So I drank the water.  No more problem.

Offline baz tarred

• Bike: DL650XT L7
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 08:26:02 »
very nice mate, did you need the link pipes as well

Offline Biccy Monster

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 15:41:45 »
I have just ordered a pair for my Vee!

Very excited, hopefully they should arrive in the week and I will get some pics up shortly after!  :auto-dirtbike:

Can't wait to free that beautiful V-twin rumble, these OM silencers have been ruining my fun, and I believe put me at risk in traffic, loud pipes save lives (and sound wicked!!)

Dave
Everyone has to believe in something, I believe I'll have another beer!

Offline Biccy Monster

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 19:07:03 »
I have fitted mine today, check my thread in "General discussion" with photos!!

They sound great!! :auto-dirtbike:

Offline falconer59

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 17:47:11 »
regarding remapping after changing silencers they will always need looking at because they run weak as f..k low down nd rich top end ,stick it on a dyno and you will see, yoshi boxed mine after fitting beowulfs,also need to disconnect lambda sensor and cut wire to ecu otherwise they revert to factory settings ie no good , ps I used to work in dyno shop so I know a bit about it seen loads of crap out there ie 800 quid pipes on mille that knocked 20 horsepower off standard so anyone who says it don't make any difference stick it on dyno and see

Offline Biccy Monster

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 05:16:58 »
Quote from: "Biccy Monster"
I have fitted mine today, check my thread in "General discussion" with photos!!

They sound brilliant!! :auto-dirtbike:
Six months on and the fitting on a K&N air filter has smoothed out the 3000rpm flat spot a treat!! now running great!!!

DC

Offline landr0ver

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 20:06:56 »
Not sure how that's worked, because the idea of a K&N filter is to de-restrict airflow into the engine and in doing so will normaly only add to the flat spot problem by allowing more air into the engine and leaning off the fuel mixture even more.
However it's worked for you so happy day's.

Offline Biccy Monster

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 22:24:43 »
I know weird aye,

It seemed to me that the pipes caused the bike to run rich, I'm guessing that the pipes allowed exhaust gases to flow freely but the air in was still restricted by the standard air filter, I think the K&N has fixed it as you described above.....weird aye....

all I know is the bike is running smoother, more powerful and picks up quicker?!

Winner!!! :auto-dirtbike:

Offline whysub

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 22:04:47 »
I bought these cans for my K8 Vee as they were at a good price and they look very well made.

Got them just before the service was due, so along with the service (including a K& N filter) Morrocco Mole did, he fitted the cans and set them up with his Yoshi box. I was off to France the next day so making sure the cans were set up properly was important

The sound they make is great-the bike now sounds like a v-twin should (just like my Aprilia!) and trhe difference in performance is astounding. This must be down to the combination of the cans AND fine tuning the Yoshi box allows. Whereas 6th used to pick up if the throttle was opened gently, in now picks up quickly even if the throttle is whacked open quickly.  

Just got back from my 1,500 mile trip to France, and the bike is so much nicer to ride than when I took it on a 3,000 mile trip to Czech Republic in May. Instant accelleration from low revs and far quicker. And the sound-----fabulous. the only downside is at 3400 rpm when the bike seems to backfire through the airbox. It's not noticeable when riding normally, just when held at those revs in traffic. I''m sure MM and his Yoshi box can sort it.

Very pleased with the cans-they look great too.

Offline Countrysailor

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2011, 14:26:38 »
£260 for a great looking pair of cans but what I don't understand is why a single can for a Wee costs more than that. Come on MTC, give us a Wee can for around £200 ( or less?).
Keep it between the ditches...

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2011, 20:28:01 »
You won't get it for that on the new pointy Wee, they need a full system replacement because of the cat in the original exhaust.
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline Countrysailor

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011, 10:45:00 »
My 2010 model has a different system than earlier models. You can find systems for the earlier but not mine. I think they require a hacksaw and I would be loath to do that.
Keep it between the ditches...