Market Place > Dealer / Supplier/ Product Feedback

Barclays Bank

(1/3) > >>

kissofdeath:
So, I'm on holiday in Croatia and have lost my wallet. Froze my cards and reported them all as lost. I then realised how little cash we have so contacted them via the app and after a little messing about with the autobot I got through to a real person. they offered to sort out cash via Western Union and ordered a new bank card, the details of which where automaticaly changed in google wallet so contacless can be used as well via my Phone until new card arrives.

All in all 10 out of 10 for Barclays  :text-bravo: and -1 for me  :angry-banghead: :bawl:

mr_diver:
I bet you'll find the wallet the day to get home.

The mrs more or less uses her phone now for all payments.

The Doctor 46:
 kissofdeath. Your on site name seems to be fitting  :smirk:. Well done you though for sorting it out and well done Barclays bank.

I opened an account with Barclays when I joined the army back in 1973. They bounced my first cheque which caused me so much embarrassment that I closed the account the same month then went with Lloyds and I've been with them ever since.  Silly to hold a grudge for so long really and also silly to show loyalty to a bank.

I went into Nationwide last week to make an inquiry and was offered £200 if I moved my account to them. I was asking about charges to use my debit card abroad as I am charged every time by Lloyds so usually just take loads of euro's to Spain with me which is not really a good idea.

Anyway, well done Barclays.  :lala:

Rixington43:
I trust Nationwide promptly suggested their commission free credit card?
Nice to hear of a bank providing a service, I guess they can afford to with all that base rate interest they're not passing on to their savers  :stirpot:

Rusty Nuts:
My Halifax Clarity credit card makes no charge for foreign transactions. Unless grabbing dosh from an atm, they all do that. But I also take a substantial stash of Euros, because my mrs. comes with me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version