Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Blue Oyster bar / Re: What are you listening to right now?
« Last post by nigel s on Today at 17:08:47 »
Billy No Mates,

The Blue Oyster bar / Re: What have you done today
« Last post by nigel s on Today at 17:06:29 »
Ahhh well now.............that depends.
Does the C stand for Cobalt or Chineseium.
Heller bits are not bad, so probably the former.
They do last longer , but at a price, especially for hard metals but can be brittle, best in a pillar drill or go easy.
We do get them at work ,but only when a rep comes in with them on offer.
For us it is cheaper to get HSS 'cos then when you drop one off the boat ,either in the water (gone) or onto the concrete ,Cobalts don't like that, it is less of a loss.
But ....yes a thing.
Got my new (used)DL650A K9 yesterday and when it got delivered the bloke pointed out that the key needed a bit of a wiggle to turn it on. Key works fine to remove seat. I'm guessing that due to the bikes age, the barrel and key will probably be well worn. It seems a bit hit or miss if the wiggle works...is there something I can do to rectify this or will it have to be a locksmith or new barrel? TIA
For Sale (Bike related) / Low Seat 1050XT For Sale
« Last post by Phild on Today at 15:46:57 »
I have a Low Seat from my written off 2022 V-Strom 1050XT.

It’s in new condition and was off the White / Orange colour scheme.

I’m buying another 1050XT in a different colour scheme, so this low seat is available.

£100 (cost me over £200 last May). I’d prefer collection but if the buyer arranges a courier I’ll parcel it up. Also, if it’s any help, I visit Devon and Lincolnshire a fair bit so collection could be arranged in those areas.
Quote removed

Probably wouldn’t consider putting them on the forks, but thanks for the suggestion.
Quote removed

Looks interesting, depending on the shipping cost?
Have you had a look at the lightbar option available from https://www.adventuretech.biz/2020-dl1050-auxiliary-lighting.html, or looked on ebay, etc?
Clamps round the forks, maybe? Always an option with usd forks.
I would like to fit some auxiliary lights to my new 1050 but won’t be having crash bars (or not initially) has anyone else done this and what brackets did you use? All the previous posts I have looked at seem to be for bikes with crash bars :shrug:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10