Author Topic: Hi from Tanzy  (Read 2047 times)

Offline Tanzy

Hi from Tanzy
« on: June 25, 2008, 13:45:22 »
Just thought that I would introduce myself.

Passed my test on the 23rd May having done the DAS course. By God was I glad to pass, went from total novice on the Monday to passing my test first thing on the Friday morning. Talk about shoulders just slupping with relaxation when he said that I had passed :D

Picked up my new V-Strom 650 last Tuesday, can't wait to get those first 500 miles done so I can hope it up abit more. Not easy staying below 5,000 RPM

I will post some pic's if I get a chance tonight. Down side of it is that after 280 miles, I went and came off :( fortunatly I was only going about 5mph at the time. Unfortunatly, it now needs a new front right indicator and a new front right handguard. Ho.. Humm... it could have been worse.

Tanzy

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
Re: Hi from Tanzy
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 14:16:00 »
Welcome in Tanzy  :D

Sorry to hear about the minor spill, I'm sure you were gutted but it can be fixed as good as new.
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Offline Tanzy

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 14:37:51 »
Yep I was gutted....

Hope to get it sorted at its first service. Due at 600 miles, but will end up happening aroung 900. Dealer said it will be OK then, just don't go over 1,000 miles.

Offline KLV-Rider

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 15:15:54 »
Hi mate welcome to the forum.... :D

(Shame about the drop, don't worry about it, happens to everyone at some time, be glad you got it out of the way so soon!!... ;) )

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 15:47:36 »
Wotcha.

I bought my 'Strom brand new just after passing my test, too.  That was last year, during our well-known British monsoon season we call 'summer'.

You're just round the corner from me - I'm in Farnham.  Which dealer are you using?

Offline Tanzy

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 16:39:58 »
Quote from: "munki"
Wotcha.

I bought my 'Strom brand new just after passing my test, too.  That was last year, during our well-known British monsoon season we call 'summer'.

You're just round the corner from me - I'm in Farnham.  Which dealer are you using?

I got it from the one in Basingstoke. Got a good deal on it about £300 less than the Suzuki advertised price. Shame the forgot to fit the center stand, as it is the Touring model. Although, they are going to fit it on it's first service.

Offline barnabas

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 17:36:22 »
Hi Tanzy and welcome. Sorry to hear about the 'off' - it happens from time to time no matter how experienced you are. A set of engine bars or cheaper, crash bungs are a good investment - they can save a lot of expensive plastic.
Welcome to motorcycling.

Offline robby

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 22:59:04 »
hi tanzy,welcome to the site and to biking,I also have a brand new 650 to and mine goes for its first service tomorrow.The first 500miles were murder to run in but once you get that out the way and can go up to 7500rpm then you can go 80mph plus.Sorry about your slow spill but its minor damage which will fix easy enough,I wrote a bike off last year now that was gutting but on the bright side I've now got a v-strom which I love more than my cbr1100xx that I wrote off.safe riding robby