Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Blue Oyster bar / Now the Phone is showing off.
« Last post by Brockett on January 21, 2022, 23:55:04 »
As you know me and the PC have not been getting on well lately and it's  gone into a deep silent sulk.  Now the phone is joining in. When I try to access this site I get a message to the effect that the phone has decided this is an unsafe site  that might be trying to steal my data. Now you have to balance this warning against the unremovable link to facebook that is lurking in every corner. I am now close to tossing the phone as far into the north sea as my age feebled arms can manage.  ### ### ### ###
The Blue Oyster bar / Re: Direct debit ved
« Last post by UK_Vstrom650 on January 21, 2022, 23:24:26 »

SORN has nothing to do with the MOT: it's purely a VED thing.

Agreed. You can't VED without a valid MOT, and you need to SORN it if not paying VED or risk a fine.

I expect there to be a lag and no refunds.

A couple of years ago the local kwikfit told the missus to drive her car - which they'd failed for being dangerous* - and she'd be fine so long as she stayed off the motorway  :icon_exclaim:

*it needed new brake pads which they were supposed to fit as part of the test but didn't as they didn't have the right size Allen key  :icon_exclaim: so they failed it as dangerous  ###  Amazon delivered me the right Allen key the day after but probably the same day if I'd ordered it in the morning...
They're looking great 👍
I am getting there :)
Humour / Re: REALLY Bad Jokes
« Last post by Barbel Mick on January 21, 2022, 21:46:27 »
Probably.... but a bad joke is a bad joke.  :shrug:  :)
Accessories and After Market items / Re: Panniers without any rack
« Last post by porter on January 21, 2022, 20:25:00 »
I made my own from some flat bar and tubes bought from B&Q. To be honest there a copy of the adventure tech ones from the usa.  Work OK with my Givi sport panniers, which are similar to the first set in your link. If I was doing it again I'd buy the Cosmo rails and some of these  new type waterproof panniers. My Givi's are not even waterproof with the  waterproof covers on!
« Last post by Rusty Nuts on January 21, 2022, 19:39:21 »
Hmmm, veiled threats from a soon-to-be unemployed fossil fuel ferryman. Scared, now.
« Last post by TLPower on January 21, 2022, 19:31:04 »
Just remember Rusty, snitches get stitches.  :stirpot:

« Last post by Ridaz on January 21, 2022, 19:15:09 »
Wow... that's a lot of luck!
« Last post by Rusty Nuts on January 21, 2022, 18:49:47 »
don't know. A lady on my round came out to find her car clamped and an 'untaxed vehicle' sticker on the windscreen. She was assuring her neighbour it was taxed, so I did a quick Google when I got round the corner.
Untaxed since end of August 2021.
Mot expired 1st September 2020!
Parked on a public road 90% of the time. How the hell has not one anpr car driven past and got a hit in all this time?
I wondered if she'd forgotten to test it, and the tax had bounced on renewal due to no MOT.
She seemed rather disgruntled.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10