Author Topic: Hugo in the lakes  (Read 1658 times)

Offline Hugo Magnus

• Ride Coordinator
  • Bike: DL650A L3, DR-Z400s Multistrada 1260ST
Hugo in the lakes
« on: July 16, 2015, 20:48:01 »
On Tuesday I met up with my sister (who lives in Kent, and rides a CBR600RR)) and we rode up to Bellerby near Leyburn N. Yorks. We arrived at the B&B at 6pm I started to remove my top box, but remembered that I had put all my gear in a hold-all in the box, so just took that. We got washed and changed and went off to The Saffron curry house,
As I left the 30 zone I throttled up and heard a great thud behind me, the box had come off hit the road bounced several times and landed in the ditch. Little sis had managed to avoid it.

On Wednesday (after a gargantuan breakfast) we set of west through Hawes then dropping down to the Ribble viaduct. It was at this point that little sis spotted the nail in her rear tyre. So off we went to Ulverston (via Kendal and Shap - don't ask) to have a new tyre fitted. From there we rode to Coniston for a quick cuppa, then off to Wrynose and Hardknott passes. At the end of the latter we came across a BMW 1100 GS stuffed into the wall and hedge. the rider was very shaken and a bit grazed. We stopped with him till he got his confidence back then went off to find the Honister Pass, and the Castlerigg stone circle. We stopped off for supper at The Horse and Farrier at Dacre. Then followed the A66 E back to Bellerby. As we approached the village two ambulances were leaving and four cop cars were parked up with blue lights flashing. The land lady said " Oh I'm so pleased to see you, there were 3 bikes in an accident" little sis said "you must have had a shock , we haven't paid you yet!".
This morning I walked down to the scene of the accident. I deduced from the forensic evidence that the first bike went into a corner too fast, panicked, hit the brakes, skidded into the wall. The bike then ricocheted into the path of the other two?????
After another hearty break fast we rode off to our respective homes, having clocked up 8-900 miles in three days, epic but great fun.
The interruptions ARE the journey  (Ted Simon)

Ride Coordinator

Online MartinW

• Administrator
  • Bike: DL650 K4 Blue
Re: Hugo in the lakes
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 20:51:27 »
:thumb:

Riding with your Sister too. Great Stuff. I go out with my Brother every now and again.
Tall, Dark and Handsome (In 1987) - Just tall now !!

Chief Stasi