Author Topic: Gear Change Enhancer  (Read 5956 times)

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
Gear Change Enhancer
« on: September 10, 2009, 20:05:35 »
Hello All, not sure if this has worked (image newbie) but here is an image of the gear change enhancer I have designed and manufactured. Even if you are not interested in purchasing I would really really appreciate any feedback so that I may improve the product. Best regards and thanks.

P.S. Discount of 15% for members and if you can come to visit I will show you round my factory and fit for free!

Red Wine. God's way of saying he loves us and wants us to be happy but, just how happy does he want us to be?

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
Re: Gear Change Enhancer
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 18:40:12 »
Hello all, there is a gear change enhancer MK2 if you want to take a look. It`s on evilbay item number 110435257863.

Previously quoted discount for all members apply, of course.

Regards,

Mark.
Red Wine. God's way of saying he loves us and wants us to be happy but, just how happy does he want us to be?

Offline EvilTwin

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 14:32:45 »
Cheers Mark -

I bought two of these Gear Change Enhancers off ebay the other day after a mate of mine sent a review and a link.
Firstly, superb little bit of bling, the new ones I received had the V-Strom 'V' cut into them. Once I'd cleaned and polished the rear sprocket to match the stainless finish of the Enhancer they look great together with the V showing through the holes in the sprocket.
Secondly, and probably more importantly, my mate phoned me and said have you tried your bike yet? I hadn't so I immediately got geared up and went for a test ride. Unbelievable, neither of us could believe the difference this little spacer makes. The gear changes were smooth and silent at any speed and perfect going up or down the gearbox. Really, this makes such a difference and was well worth the money, I highly recommend the neat product and Mark, super customer service.

Two very happy customers..
           Richard (and his mate Daren)
You Can't Beat Riding Twins

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 15:11:10 »
Ta mate, thank you!

Offline Ringpull

• Bike: DL 1000 V-strom '14
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 16:44:35 »
Hello Mark, are you still producing the sprocket spacer? If so, 15% discount you say? How do I go about getting that? Cheers, Martin
Unashamedly using this space to advertise the charity that I ride for- SERV, Surrey and South London Bloodrunners. www.servssl.org.uk
For more info, contact me at recruit@servssl.org.uk or call me on 07432 221981.
Cheers Martin

Offline garth

• Bike: K8 Wee, WK450RX, C50LAC
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 11:26:01 »
Out of curiousity, how thick is this spacer? I'm quite surprised that a big Jap manufacturer would make an error such as this.
You ain't a has been if you never was.

Offline WayneS

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 12:27:59 »
This has been an ongoing discussion for at least 10 years.
It started with someone making new wheel spacers ( 1 x longer and 1 x shorter) and this moved the rear wheel over. Then the spacer came along so you did not need to make/buy new spacers but of course this did not move the rear wheel. I have never tried this myself but it would be interesting to hear from someone with more knowledge on the subject. Did they find out that the front and rear wheels were not in alignment or did they move the rear wheel to put the chain into alignment? If it was the latter then this would move the wheel out of alignment so I would presume it was the former. 

Offline greywolf

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 12:45:57 »
I believe the origin of the story is at http://www.vstrom.info/Smf/index.php/topic,1499.0.html

It's a DL1000 situation only.
Pat- 2007 DL650A was ridden to all 48 contiguous states. 2012 DL650A outlasted me.
Nicknames I use to lessen typing, Vee = 2002-2012 (K2-L2) DL1000s. Veek=2014+ (L4+) DL1000s. Wee = 2004-2011 (K4-L1) DL650s. Glee = 2012+ (L2+) DL650s

Offline WayneS

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 13:11:20 »
Greywolf, thank you for putting that right.
I now see that the spacers only move the the sprocket and not the wheel.
My mis-understanding of the solution.