V-Strom specific discussion > V-Strom specific discussion

Sound bomb fitting to 1050?

(1/2) > >>

Dave hendy:
I have a sound bomb horn from my previous bike and would like to fit it to my new 1050 when it arrives, has anyone fitted one and if so what bracket did you use and where is the best location?

The Doctor 46:
You could try the Denali UK web site. I bought light brackets from them direct. They are not cheap and quick but you get what you pay for and it would come with instructions.  :thumb:

This may/may not fit your bike but The Sportsbikeshop are brilliant and a quick call to them may help.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/772952

Dave hendy:
I know from experience that you can often fit things even when they say you can’t. They said my present bike could only have the split sound bomb but luckily I found a photo of one fitted in the original horn position. It took a bit of work but it fitted and worked perfectly.
I really hope I can get it fitted to the V-strom as it is very loud  :lala: :lala:

Rusty Nuts:
How different are 1050/1000 frames and engines? This is how the Denali bracket fits. If not compatible, fabbing one to suit should be straightforward, just one bend on the oem mount.
I have a soundbomb on the KTM. Took it for it's mot a couple of weeks ago. "Try the horn" said the tester, usually a man of few words. I winced and gingerly pushed the button. F**k me, that's loud!" was his considered opinion.

Dave hendy:
That’s really useful, thanks for that  :bow-blue:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version