Author Topic: How do you make a cuppa on the move?  (Read 10200 times)

Offline Petstep

Re: How do you make a cuppa on the move?
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2015, 16:49:29 »
Jetboil for me. I also take a small selection of tea and coffee sachets, and a small bottle of fresh milk (enough for about 4 brews).

The Jetboil isn't cheap, but I use it mountain walking too so it's been a great investment. Packs down really compact and boils really fast .

The best thing is that,  unlike a flask, it doesn't start to taste revolting towards the end of the day - every brew is fresh and hot!

Offline Stromivarius

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2015, 18:54:04 »
like this

Offline grumps

• Bike: DL650A M0, BMW R1250RT. Yamaha X-Max 300
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2015, 19:33:15 »
On my K1600 my wife reaches back to get the kettle from the top box and the water and milk from the fridge in the left pannier. The right pannier holds the bone china tea service and sugar cube tongs.

Or we just pop into the Ritz for tea and tiffin.
If money can't buy happiness - explain motorbikes and beer.

Online MartinW

• Administrator
  • Bike: DL650 K4 Blue
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2015, 20:00:58 »
The thread requires how you make tea on the move Grumps. That doesn't count waiting for the RAC in a layby.
 :neen:
Tall, Dark and Handsome (In 1987) - Just tall now !!

Chief Stasi

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2015, 09:34:33 »
'teat day'  lol  always check what you have posted, doh!

Brockett:
Anyway all that aside. FLASKS

I've been looking for a decent stainless steel flask. It should keep it's contents hot for eight hours. I don't want one with a pop-up pouring lid. I want a proper screw lid. Any suggestions on supplier / make?

The pop up ones are shite! I got my screw-in s/s one from Lidls a few years ago, and it came in its own tough fabric case which makes all the difference, brockett, in terms of extra insulation. It also keeps the flask from rattling in the tooltube. Worth making one for any flask with some bubble-wrap, even, imho.

These Vango ones have proper stoppers http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vango-750ml-V ... 1066535485
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline grumps

• Bike: DL650A M0, BMW R1250RT. Yamaha X-Max 300
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2015, 17:18:20 »
Quote from: "MartinW"
The thread requires how you make tea on the move Grumps. That doesn't count waiting for the RAC in a layby.
 :neen:

BMW Assistance - they even wash the cups!! :)
If money can't buy happiness - explain motorbikes and beer.

Offline SimonW

• Bike: DL1050XT
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2015, 12:11:28 »
Halfords 0.5l stainless steel flask, £1: http://www.halfords.com/motoring-travel ... -_-TopLink

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2015, 13:59:29 »
Mine is a 1 litre stainless steel flask very similar to the Vango one Gassoon linked a few posts up. The cup and the screw top looks the same. I got it from Tesco for £12 (IIRC) and it still looks new (doesn't get all that much use though.) If you unscrew the stopper halfway there's a channel that opens up and you can pour through it without taking the stopper out. This is great when you have coffee bags (or tea bags) inside it stewing, the bags can't fall out into the cup and splash hot coffee everywhere. The inside is also stainless steel so it can be chucked down the road and it won't break. Dead easy to clean too, just a bit of hot water and some soap inside, put the stopper in, shake it a a few times and rinse with clean water. It never has a lingering taste.
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline Parademic

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2015, 17:48:42 »
First off,  I have a cup holder...  But secondly,  I fill a flask up with hot water if I'm touring...  Then I find I'm only doing it once a day, rather than every brew...