Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Blue Oyster bar / Re: The moaning old git thread
« Last post by Fat Rat on Today at 13:20:27 »
Well, if you have 12v at the horn when you press the horn switch and the horn isn't faulty, you seem to have defied the laws of physics  :smirk:
« Last post by Upt North on Today at 13:18:50 »
No the horn is not faulty, maybe just the fitter.
And I've got City and Guilds as well.
4 years wasted.
Pffffffftttttt.
« Last post by Upt North on Today at 13:17:14 »
I bet Kwakkers will know?
« Last post by Fat Rat on Today at 13:16:36 »
Put 12v across the terminals from a known good source to eliminate a fault with the horn.
« Last post by Upt North on Today at 13:15:33 »
No Hugo, it's supposed to point down as much as possible.
But that's only for water entry issues.
Upt.
« Last post by Hugo Magnus on Today at 13:07:52 »
You've got it upside down :smirk:
Not today but yesterday. I went out to look at a motorbike which a friend may buy, he lives a long way away and wanted me to look at it first. The seller was a nice chap, he made tea and we talked bikes for longer than we should, I wanted to get home to watch the football.

I was making good time on my way home and was going to be home for kick off but only if I got a jiggle on. So I'm in the outside lane at 115mph and passing a big lorry which was in lane one (I don't usually ride at this speed anymore) and my bike went from rock steady to weaving about. I hadn't noticed the wind getting up but thought for a second that it must have. After passing the truck my bike kept weaving so obviously I slowed down and as I did the weaving got much worse.

When I stopped a couple of miles up the road in a safe place I realised the cause of the weave, a puncture in the rear tyre. Funny enough when I decided to ride home I found that the quicker I went up to 70mph the better the bike went and in a strait line there was no weave at all. When I rode the last mile on a B road though it was a different matter. I was riding at 20mph with the hazards on and a noise from the back tyre that sounded like a jet fighter was following me. There was no tyre rub it was just the noise of the tyre.

Luckily there was only a couple of thousand miles left in the tyre (at best) but sadly I'm going on holiday in a couple of days time for three weeks and won't have chance to sort it before I go away, what a pain in the backside. I wanted to use it over the next couple of days but now I'll have to drive which makes life much more difficult.

So anyway, if you really do need to get somewhere quick and have a rear puncture my advice is to ride on and keep the speed to 70mph or slightly above. Yes! I know I'm a little mad but I've just got over cancer and I feel that as that didn't take me then I can afford to live a little more dangerously. As for the football, well that's another story isn't it.    :thumb:

Oh! One other thing, there was almost no other traffic on the road so no third parties to worry about.
« Last post by Upt North on Today at 12:59:08 »
And a picture, that may not help at all. Or does it?

« Last post by Upt North on Today at 12:56:03 »
Although to clarify my wires are normally crossed.
 :)
« Last post by Upt North on Today at 12:54:24 »
Nice try Ian but the horn will work connected either way.
Not polarity sensitive.
I had to watch England after the above fiasco as well.
Upt.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10