Author Topic: A2B Motorcycle Movers Ltd  (Read 1619 times)

Offline Sofa

A2B Motorcycle Movers Ltd
« on: February 19, 2015, 13:50:31 »
Further to the purchase of the K1200GT I still needed to get the bike and separate sidecar to Motopodd near Aylesbury. Bike was near Wellingborough and sidecar in Leicester, where my mate had removed the old K100 as he had bought it for spares.

Problem being bike and sidecar next to each other too wide for a panel van and end to end nearly 15 feet long. Most bike transport people don't have vans long enough.

Found two that did, SOS and A2B. SOS didn't want to know about the sidecar, saying the couldn't secure it (??) so offered to take the bike, utterly pointless exercise.

A2B very helpfull. They have two XLWB vans (Sprinter and Crafter) and where happy to do the job. Collected the bike last Thursday and secure stored it, picked up sidecar Monday then took both to Aylesbury on Tuesday. Very impressed, the driver is a Harley man, so used to moving big heavy bikes around, strapping it in properly without a thought, clearly experienced, padding where the straps went with chamois, using proper front wheel frame and slip over handlebar covers. Kept me fully informed by phone as to arrival times so I could be there to see both loaded and unloaded. proper professional dedicated service.

Mac, the bloke who I dealt with was saying some are real cowboys and load as many on as they can at once to keep the price down. Some won't take anything above 650cc because their drivers aren't bikers and can't move a bigger bike around safely. When he collected my bike he had a Ducati Foggy replica on, and when he collected the sidecar a Benelli TNT 1130. So people clearly trust him with some very nice bikes.

So I would highly recommend A2B Motorcycle Movers Ltd

http://www.a2bmotorcyclemovers.co.uk/A2 ... lcome.html
Outfits for Rallys and Touring, Solos for everything else. https://sites.google.com/site/yorkshireoutbacksidecar/