Author Topic: What's your experience of Keis heated gloves inners or complete gloves?  (Read 3176 times)

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red
I am considering Keis heated gloves as I already have a Keis heated jacket and the gloves will only need to be plugged into the existing outlets in the sleeves.  The choice is between inners at around £70 or the whole heated glove with different types for between £100 to £200.

This doesn't last forever, so do it while you can.

Offline SimonW

• Bike: DL1050XT
I have a pair of Gerbing heated gloves. They're very bulky and don't provide a great feel, but conversely, they're beautifully warm. Powered from the bike, they provide warmth to the back of the hands which heated grips just can't do. If I had a choice between heated grips or heated gloves I'd pick the gloves, purely for this reason. I do have both, and heated grips are great for when there's a bit of a nip and you don't want or need the full-on bulky heated gloves. Gerbing recommended not going with the battery packs as they don't last as long as permanently-wired gloves (can't remember the battery duration) and everyone forgets to condition the batteries, so they go flat and die in the summer and then don't work when you need them in the winter! That said, the cables for the gloves can be a bit of a faff. I'm only a leisure rider - if you commute all year round I would highly recommend trying heating gloves - they're a revelation!

I've not tried heated inners, but in principle they sound like a good compromise, providing you don't need to get ordinary gloves so over-sized to accommodate them that they feel like riding with flippers on your hands the rest of the time!

Offline Steve T

• Bike: F8GS, NC750X
I use the Keis inner gloves during the winter, worn inside my HG two fingered gloves, and they are great  :thumb:

The thumbs on both my hands suffer first with the cold due to old injuries, but with these heated inner gloves, they stay comfortably warm and pain free.

Just my tuppence worth.

Steve T

:icon_razz:
A weekend wasted isn't a wasted weekend

Offline Tusker

• Bike: NO BIKE
I have those HG "pigs trotters" as my biker buddies call them. Did you buy the inners and then gloves to fit over them, or,, are the inners thin enough to go inside already owned gloves. I'm interest because I lost heated grips and handguards when moving from the Tiger to the Z1000. Also the heated grips and handguards still let my finger tips and knuckles get cold....

But I need something,,, maybe both ??

Offline Stonec0ld

• I was Paul_Nicholson
  • Bike: DL650A L5
 :text-goodpost: what he said.

I only have a 30 min commute but my thumb and fingertips do get cold and don't get warmed by the grips. I was hoping the inners would be a cheaper option than another pair of gloves.

Offline Steve T

• Bike: F8GS, NC750X
I've had the HG "Clingon V" gloves for a while and decided to try the heated inners against a heated gloves on cost (and the rate at which I go through gloves as well  :icon_wink:).
The inners are fine over my average sized mits, inside the HG gloves, but I've yet to find a full fingered glove that allows use of the inners without some constriction of my fingers.

Hope that helps.

Steve T

:icon_razz:
A weekend wasted isn't a wasted weekend

Offline Tusker

• Bike: NO BIKE
yes Steve T it does, one thing I like about the gloves is the fact that my fingers feel free (er) in the two fingered mitt.... Do not mock unless you have tried  :smirk: :smirk:

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
I used Keis inner gloves inside my normal winter gloves. They were a very tight fit and gave me a heat blister on a long ride up the A1 (3hrs). I mainly use heated grips - great as always there even on a chilly summer's evening with summer gloves - and with the Keis heated jacket and the handguards, my fingers aren't freezing like they used to get with just gloves.

I never tried the inner gloves in the claw gloves - I do have a pair somewhere so I may need to dig them out and give them a try.
One thing I seem to remember is the inner gloves have no seperate controller to the jacket so they are whatever heat setting the jacket is at, whereas the heated gloves (with wires to the bike not the jacket) have their own temperature controls.

Offline S2Rgar

• Bike: DL1000 L9 Black - DL650 AL5 Red (SOLD) - DL650 AL3 Grey (SOLD) Suzuki GSX-S1000
I had Keis heated inner gloves but gave up with them as I found them really bulky under (very) oversized outer gloves. I usually buy size large but had to go up 2 sizes and buy XXL waterproof cheapo outer gloves just to have a bit of freedom in the fingers, but I never felt properly in control of the bike...... in the end it was a complete fail and they were sold off on eBay.

I now have Keis heated gloves... I don't use them often as they are a bit of a faff with the wires but they are certainly a far better fit and feel than the inners ever were.

Steve T possibly has the answer with the Inners and the Hein Gericke Pathan gloves though.

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red
Is HG still in business?

Offline UK_Vstrom650

I think so. Last time I looked they had a shop (I think in East Anglia) and a website

Offline user650

• Bike: DL650A M3 in fast white (Gen 3), DL650A M2 in fast white (Gen 3)
They used to be based at LINGS in Lowestoft Brockett, not sure if they are still there  :thumb:
If It Starts Ride It
Don't Say Cheese Say Wensleydale
I'm Big on the inside, small on the outside
What happens in Wales gets told to everyone

Posh Paul
IBA Member
RBLR 1000 '18
Armistice 1000 '18
RBLR 1000 '19
RBLR 1000 '22
RBLR 1000 '23

Offline Stonec0ld

• I was Paul_Nicholson
  • Bike: DL650A L5

Offline Brockett

@ StonecOLD  :thumb:  As None of my gloves are even slightly water resistant. Rukka gloves ordered from Sportsbike shop. Thanks to all for their input

Offline strop

• Bike: DL650 L5
with the inner heated gloves and hg pathans you can't go far wrong and once used to them they are just the same as fingered gloves, warm and dry everyday what more could you ask for?

Offline Ianmc

• Bike: DL650AL5
I have extended the lower side of my hand-guards with thin plastic to go past the fingertips, keeps the draught down and my fingertips and thumb keep much warmer when the grips are on.
Ian Mc.

Offline Barbel Mick

Ian, that was mentioned yesterday whilst talking of cures for cold hands. TLP informed me he had done the same in the past.  :thumb:
Mick

Retired Breakfast Tester and semi professional tumbler.

Offline Brockett

I have used summer gloves in the winter with Hot Grips inside handlebar muffs. Hands were very comfortable and warm. One drawback is that rain can run down the sleeve and into the muff and the wind pushed the muffs onto the brake and clutch levers which was a bit worrying and also put a lot of pressure on my hands. On the Vee I installed the muffs over the handguards and this cured all wind pressure problems. Only downside was difficulty operating switch gear which was hidden inside the muff. Extending the Suzuki handguard is a very good idea and may well provide enough wind shielding for the fingers to keep off the wind chill which I believe reduces the efficiency of the Hot Grips.  Regarding the problem I encountered last weekend; I found the female connectors on the right hand grip were a bit loose. I managed to close them up with a thin screwdriver and when re-tested the grip heated as normal.  I'll still need the heated gloves and overmits as the Z9rs does not have Hot Grips. The Keis heated jacket works very well on the low power setting. I hope the low setting is not too hot or too cold for the heated gloves as the controller which sits in it's own little pocket is not easy to get at with the outer jacket done up.  I also need to carry an SAE (?) connector to power the Keis from my Optimate charging lead. Although it's a bit of a faff sorting all this out before getting on the move it beats, hands down,  being chilly, cold and freezing Your bits off. The Keis jacket also has a connector for heated inner boot soles.

Offline Ianmc

• Bike: DL650AL5
Mick, I think I might have enough material for you to make up a set.I am back from Oz next week and will give you a call when I have checked.
        IanMc.
Ian Mc.

Offline Barbel Mick

Cheers Ian, was definitely thinking about it. That & the heated grips........ :thumb:
Mick

Retired Breakfast Tester and semi professional tumbler.