Author Topic: Time to change PR4's  (Read 1511 times)

Offline Zed 25

• Bike: Triumph Scrambler
Time to change PR4's
« on: March 13, 2019, 15:44:51 »
 The pr4's are down to wear marks
 been offered a good price fitted on a pair of Metzeler tourance next, just wonder if any one had used them  ( I only use pure road tyres)

Offline Ianmc

• Bike: DL650AL5
Re: Time to change PR4's
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 20:44:14 »
I am on my second set of Tourance Next tyres,the previous set did around 11k.miles.and the present set are about half worn at about 7k.miles.The only problem I had was a rear puncture with a large hole in the centre of the tread.I had obviously run over something.All I felt was a vibration and as I pulled into a lay-by the tyre went flat,I had to be recovered and have a new tyre fitted.The set I have on now are in really good condition with hardly any squaring off yet.They are really stable for motorway running and are great in the wet,Much,much better that the original Tourance,and streets in front of the original Trailwings rubbish that were on the bike when I got it.
Ian Mc.

Offline Zed 25

• Bike: Triumph Scrambler
Re: Time to change PR4's
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 21:34:12 »
Thanks Ianmc

The pilot road 4 been a great tyre but front is shot and rear is over 50% worn ( second rear ) and front as mentioned on here is obsolete .
Had some roadtec 1 on my fazer a few  years ago and were good but I then changed them for road smarts but they seemed  a bit of a harsh ride
Thou never felt unsafe