Author Topic: Cymarc foot peg lowering kit review  (Read 4796 times)

Offline Ianmc

• Bike: DL650AL5
Re: Cymarc foot peg lowering kit review
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2020, 19:01:09 »
When you fit the bolts, you MUST put a little lubricant on the threads, because if not they will gall, so even if you do a trial fit grease the threads because if not I can promise you they WILL gall and seize solid and will have to be cut off if you ever have to take them off for any reason.Don’t ask me how I know.💁‍♂️😩
Ian Mc.

Offline Bigcats30

• Bike: DL1000 L8
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2020, 13:58:58 »
Hello there Big Cats and firstly I’m very sorry you didn’t get a reply (and I Don’t know why- can you confirm the email address you used?), secondly it’s very very rare we have a failure on these indeed we’ve sold hundreds of them! Anyhoo, I do pride myself on my reputation even when it costs me so we would be delighted to make you a set in stainless steel at no extra cost and for you to try. It’ll cost me a f*ck tonne of money to make but I don’t care :) reputation is everything.

So, please contact me using any and all of the following contact details with your address and we will get this sorted out!

mark@cymarc.co.uk
cymarcbikeparts@gmail.com
07713 789365

I hadn't seen this reply and I have just emailed Mark today about the issues I have had with the second set I bought that also bent.

I think they are a cracking bit of kit and make my life so much more comfy on my bike but it seems they can't handle me.

Ours is not to reason why, ours is but to do or die.

Offline Roberto

• Bike: DL650XT L7,
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2020, 12:12:26 »
I understand the Cymarc kits are not recommended for off road use. I contacted Cosmo who use 8mm aluminium brackets for their kits, they say, to enable riders to stand on the foot pegs.

Offline BlackRockFox

• Bike: DL650A XT M0
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2020, 20:51:24 »
I contacted Cosmo who use 8mm aluminium brackets for their kits, they say, to enable riders to stand on the foot pegs.
[/quote]
Yep, me too and got the same reply
And that is one of the reasons why I bought from Cosmo
Answered first email in about 10 mins
Stuff arrived from Greece in 2 days despite Lockdown
Quality is superb and I can confirm that the plates are about 8mm thick
Also got their GPS mount which looks pretty good and will fit with an Airflow
Have not tried it yet for the dreaded "vibration", but if anybody is interested I will report back

Offline Froglodyte

• Bike: DL650X L0, Yamaha FJR1300A
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2020, 23:22:37 »
I've had the Cosmo GPS bracket for 4 years with no problems at all. Absolutely no vibration.