Author Topic: Help with mid pipe swap and servo and o2 sensor eliminators  (Read 1980 times)

Offline snagzie

• Bike: DL1000 L7
Hello All

I'm going through the motions of changing my full exhaust to delkevic on my DL1000 2017

I already had a delkevic end can, but went and bought the the mid pipe and fit it yesterday.

I bought and also fitted at the same time the healtech servo eliminator as I obviously removed the servo when removing the old mid pipe.

I also removed what seems to be the 02 sensor that went into the old mid pipe.

I have the bike booked in at dynojet in a couple of weeks for a PCFC install and dyno run to create a custom map.

Going back to the removed 02 sensor - I am assuming I need to buy a 02 sensor elimator? Or can I refit it and put it into the new mid pipe? (there is a space for it at the same location as the old mid pipe, but there is a bronze/copper blanking bolt in there.

If I did buy a 02 eliminator, is this one of them?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-DL1000-V-Strom-2017-2020-Pair-System-Eliminator-Official-eBay-Seller/323327702627?epid=20011721301&hash=item4b47d53663:g:xfMAAOSwnTdaMmT~

Many thanks :) 

Offline Mr Nick

• Certified Fisher Price trained technician
  • Bike: 1979 Suzuki TS185ER, 1979 Moto Guzzi V50, 1989 Moto Guzzi SP3, 2010 KTM 990 Adv
Re: Help with mid pipe swap and servo and o2 sensor eliminators
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 13:10:28 »
I don't know about the current Suzuki ECU, but on some you can just have that part of the system disabled in the code and avoid the need for the eliminator. One to ask Dynojet before you go buy something.
Seems pearl asbo orange is faster after all....

'Don't believe all the quotes in forum signatures' - Aristotle

'Ehh, good enough' - Mediocretes

Orange Bikes Matter!

Online kwackboy

• Bike: BMW F800GS Adventure, Honda CB500s
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 16:26:17 »
If you are having a PC fitted you will need to remove your O2 sensor as it will conflict with the custom map you are having done on the dyno.

You will need to fit an eliminator beforehand.
Chief trouble maker 🙂

Offline tallpaul

• Tastier than the Barrow-in-Furness bus depot...
  • Bike: 2016 Yamaha XT1200ZE
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 19:21:04 »
The PCFC that was fitted to my bike intercepted the signals from the O2 sensors, so whatever jiggerypokery it was doing involved the O2 sensors being present and active. Not sure if they act the same way with all manufacturers but that isvwhat it did on my yamaha.
Old enough to know better, but still too young to care...

Offline snagzie

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2021, 13:38:32 »
Chris from Delkevic seems to think they aren't mandatory but to get the best experience from the PCFC you need to fit them.

Had no reply from Dynojet yet.

Ordered a couple from flea bay. Quite hard to find btw!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254349276326

Offline snagzie

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2021, 09:11:49 »
Just an update to this, didn't need o2 sensor blanks in the end as dynojet would have done it manually with a resistor when they were fitting the PCFC.

Turns out that the blanks I bought didn't work, nor did the resistors dynojet tried to fit. Turns out that my bike is an oddity and they had to send away the ECU for a few days to disable the o2 sensors properly (no extra charge for this btw). they have (or someone they know) have done a 2019 before and the sensor blanks worked, so no idea why my bike was different.

Top marks to dynojet by the way, they were not happy until everything was sorted for me and didn't cost me any extra cash! (£216 for purchase and fitting of PCFC, £230 for the dyno run and custom settings).

Offline fourelms

• Bike: V strom
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2021, 18:39:20 »
Just to clarify, your engine is now running without Oxygen sensors in the exhaust?

Offline snagzie

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2021, 07:26:16 »
Theyre still in there, but theyre disconnected. I need to remove them at some point and fit the brass blanks in the midpipe

Offline fourelms

• Bike: V strom
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2021, 12:25:40 »
Wouldn't Lambda sensor be better left in exhaust stream or, the engine management will run in open loop all the time?

.....or are these 'upgrades' so crude they run fixed calibration maps?