Author Topic: What have you done today  (Read 10406 times)

Barbel Mick and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline mr_diver

• Ride Coordinator
  • The Rantings of a Crazed Lunatic
  • Bike: 'onda Varadero XL1000v9, 'onda CX500ec '83, GSX14 '06, DL650 K6 (Blue) R.I.P,
Re: What have you done today
« Reply #360 on: May 05, 2024, 16:36:30 »
Today I started by cleaning and sorting the utility room, all the fishing gear and tools and bike gear are all nicely organised  :shrug:

I then set about doing a service and steering wheel squib change on SWMBO's Quashqui.
Service was all good apart from all the bodywork pop clips that hold the under-tray on all fell to pieces.
Luckily Nissan fitted a couple a of pointless in fill panels in the engine bay, yes infill panels, not covering anything, just to neaten up the engine bay  :shock: - well they were pinned in place with the same 8mm pop clips I needed for the under tray  :fix:
Ordered a bag of 50 from Amazon, as I'm likely to need more next service and there should be 6 holding the under tray not 4 anyway.

The Squib change didn't go so well, got the airbag off the wheel, all controls and panels off.
You need to swap the steering wheel position sensor over to the new squib on the aftermarket ones, but the Nissan one is over £250 but the parts place have supplied the wrong one and the sensor tabs don't line up  :angry-banghead:

All back together with the original squib and I'm going to console myself with a calzone from the local pizza place  :happydance:

Ride Coordinator

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #361 on: May 05, 2024, 22:21:47 »
Took the kids cycling around Sherwood Pines. Just as we joined the A1 from the A64 a blue 63 plate Glee went past Followed the rider until the A1/M1 splits whereupon the Glee picked up the pace.
Good to have a day with the kids though a small part missed the Glee especially at the traffic jam on the A1 where they're doing never ending bridge repairs.

Offline 2112

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition
« Reply #362 on: May 10, 2024, 08:22:41 »
I have succesfully completed the 6 month, second stage cardiac rehabilitation programme and move on to stage 3 on Monday. This is the last step and runs in perpetuity, as long as I want to keep fit basically. I'ts during the day this time, but work have been superb and I can just just move my schedule around it. We also have a cracking shower at work so I can get freshened up when I get back. Looking forward to it, but I know it will be a bit more strenuous than the last sessions. Still, no point slacking off now.
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline cooltshirt

• Bike: DL650
« Reply #363 on: May 10, 2024, 16:49:06 »
Last week I was reversing my car and clipped the edge of the wing mirror damaging the LED indicator in it. Ordered a used one off eBay and it arrived today.
Using my skills of working with plastic clip things on my debeak project I got the swap done fairly quickly and all good. But jings the wires! There is a motor to fold the thing, a puddle light, a motor to adjust the mirror, the indicator LED thingy, wires to the heated mirror and finally some sort of thermostat thingy with wires also on the mirror glass.
And yes strictly speaking it is a door mirror not a wing mirror.
"To feel the warm thrill of confusion, that space cadet glow"

Offline Joe Rocket

• Bike: DL650A L5, Kawasaki GPX750R
« Reply #364 on: May 11, 2024, 16:21:25 »
I'm glad you sorted that out at the end, I had 'it's a door mirror ' in my head all the way through, you were in for a right tongue lashing otherwise!  :icon_wink:
So how's it going so far then?

Offline cooltshirt

• Bike: DL650
« Reply #365 on: May 11, 2024, 16:48:22 »
you were in for a right tongue lashing otherwise!  :icon_wink:
Dodged a bullet there then  :grin:

I also discovered the thermostat thingy I referred to is in fact an auto-dimming feature. The glass alone is about £300 to £350!! I'm glad I didn't know that before I took it out, I'd have been a bundle of nerves.
A heated only glass is a £40, so if I ever need a new glass guess what I'll be doing!
"To feel the warm thrill of confusion, that space cadet glow"

Offline 2112

« Reply #366 on: May 13, 2024, 17:39:28 »
Today it was my first 'stage 3' cardiac rehab' session, which is a bit of a step up from stage 2. I was happy how I did, but it's definitely more intense! Also, my new Spada Splash textile gloves arrived from Sportsbike shop today. They are very light, breathable and comfy from the off. Very happy with tham and at £14.99 you just can't get robbed. Cracking summer gloves.

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red
« Reply #367 on: May 13, 2024, 18:46:24 »
The second day of the Battle of the Brambles. I might have mentioned before the huge patch of brambles invading my property from adjacent land. Yesterday I set to and cleared some and today some more. If I can work my way up the banking I can get it all cleared in another five or six days subject to dry weather.  A local landscape company quoted £3000 to clear the land. That's why, despite my extreme decrepitude I am having a go at it.
This doesn't last forever, so do it while you can.

Offline 2112

« Reply #368 on: May 17, 2024, 18:23:13 »
Busy day today, strimmed & then cut the grass, trimmed some shrubbery with the hedge cutter and then dropped the bevel box oil in my tigger. It's not actually a service item except for the first 600 mile service. As it's over 3 years old I thought a bit of fresh oil would be nice. Hardly worth the bother as what came out was as clean as a whistle. Some Motul fully synthetic 75/90w hypoid oil has gone back in.

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red
« Reply #369 on: May 17, 2024, 19:15:11 »
As it was a nice dry warm day I had round three of the battle of the brambles, and now I am truly nackered. Some tendrils were 12 feet long and still tried to fight me when I poked one end in the shredder. As it was being chewed away it whipped round and slashed me like a spikey triffid.

Offline nigel s

• Bike: DL650A M2
« Reply #370 on: May 17, 2024, 20:06:58 »
1,      triffids    hell yeah  one for gen z

2,   you know that clearing brambles is a feck sight easier in winter when they die back ?

Offline Brockett

« Reply #371 on: May 17, 2024, 20:55:45 »
Could not let them run wild until next winter as they were already more than halfway accross the garage roof. In any case these Brambles are some alien variety that laughs at frost and bathes in snow.  This how it was in early April.