Author Topic: I may return. Tried V-Strom 1050  (Read 759 times)

Offline numptynut

• Bike: DL1050 M0
I may return. Tried V-Strom 1050
« on: August 03, 2020, 10:16:25 »
Eyup!
I had a 'new' V-Strom 1050 for use as a courtesy bike while my Kawasaki Versys 1000 was in for service.....and I liked it!
It felt like the Wee I had some years back very 'planted' and smooth with plenty enough grunt for me. I've had the Versys for 5 years now and it has been super smooth powerful enough but I've never got that planted feeling from it. The weather protection has been great and hard luggage worked fine.
When up for a new bike last time around I test rode the V-Strom 1000 and I thought that it rode like a tractor - really lumpy! But this one felt smoother and slightly more refined in the engine department. I only did about 20 miles on it but the screen seemed fine with a lot less buffeting than previous. The seat felt a bit hard but otherwise a brilliant riding position for me (I'd probably need footpeg lowering kit if such a thing exists for this new 1050 as my knees are less bendy now I'm getting on a bit :old:.)
I'd better get on with my research into it.
BTW what do you call this model?? 'Big Veek' ??
Divi Doris still has the Glee but she's 'SORN'd it at the mo'. I'm working on getting her back into it!! :roll:
I hope you're all still doing' OK.
Cheers
Stromtrekking across the universe always going forward 'coz we can't find reverse

Puch MS50V (45 yrs ago!) > Yamaha EW 50 Slider (Daughter's!) > Honda XL125V > V-Strom 650 > Versys 1000 > V-Strom DL1050

Offline tallpaul

• Tastier than the Barrow-in-Furness bus depot...
  • Bike: 2016 Yamaha XT1200ZE
Re: I may return. Tried V-Strom 1050
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 10:44:49 »
Ey up!  :thumb:
Old enough to know better, but still too young to care...