Author Topic: Advice please - wondering if to go back to standard can  (Read 6287 times)

Offline Petstep

Re: Advice please - wondering if to go back to standard can
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2014, 21:34:01 »
Put the original can back on this evening. Have to say I much prefer the  muted tone over the GPR. Took it out for a blast - no noticeable difference in performance. I'll give it a couple of weeks though before putting the GPR on eBay in case I change my mind!

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2014, 22:15:01 »
If you do sell, might be worth posting here first as I'm sure someone will have it and it'll save you ebay fees  :thumb:
You're not the first person to go back to standard from the GPR due to noise/personal taste

Offline Mitch

• Bike: DL650 L2
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2014, 06:52:42 »
I had the same issue. Got rid of it after 1000 miles. Even with  -30dB ear plugs in my ears were buzzing any night I rode it. I communicated with Arthur (the UK agent for the exhausts) and a chap at the GPR factory who made me a one off Longer baffle for the GPR stainless. I have it for sale if you want to try it. It did reduce the sound levels but I'd had enough by the time I got it and had already decided the exhaust had to go.
20.00 delivered for the longer baffle.

If you want to PM me your email address I'll take some pics of it and forward them on.

After going back to the original can, I didn't notice any performance difference. You just ride it harder with a loud can on.
VSTROM - ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE

Offline Oop North John

• Bike: DL650 M0, YB100 - 1990
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2014, 08:05:17 »
Quote from: "Mitch"
If you want to PM me your email address I'll take some pics of it and forward them on.

PM sent  :)

Offline Oop North John

• Bike: DL650 M0, YB100 - 1990
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2014, 12:30:49 »
Looks like you can buy the cat for the GPR exhaust pipes here:

http://www.mcpstore.net/Articolo.aspx?s ... lang=en-US

which I'll guess will help reduce the noise that the can makes, and as a bonus, all the dolphins etc will now be your friend  :)