Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Blue Oyster bar / Re: What have you done today
« Last post by Jim13_Wee_Strom on April 30, 2024, 22:25:27 »
@Dr 46,
I had a physical / dexterity assessment before starting at Rolls Royce in '12, part of which included a strength test... asked which was my dominant hand I replied "right" as I'm right handed, which was tested first then the left hand which turned out to be stronger over a greater duration. Seeing the puzzled look on my face the Dr said "that in most cases the less dominant hand is stronger because it does all the holding, steadying etc". Also most people are also likely to have less dexterity / flexibility in their non-dominant hand due to the aforementioned... opinions vary of course.
V-Strom specific discussion / Re: Is this tyre safe..?
« Last post by Berty5000 on April 30, 2024, 22:23:27 »
Being a full time faffer I'd let the air out of the tyre and plug it with a "stop and go" thing. I would then ride about at a somewhat reduced speed until the previously planned for tyre change date.

Tempting, and I have one of those kits, so could get some practice using it. Problem is that I'd have to actually puncture the tyre to make that work and, knowing my luck, I'll end up with a flat tyre after all and won't be able to ride to the garage!
Traitors Corner / Re: Triumph trophy 1200 4
« Last post by Asmith61 on April 30, 2024, 21:57:09 »
Better pictures of the Triumph
« Last post by Rusty Nuts on April 30, 2024, 21:27:48 »
Swap the clutch & front brake over, doc. That'll even it out. Then lend your bike to a mate.
« Last post by Brockett on April 30, 2024, 21:13:34 »
Being a full time faffer I'd let the air out of the tyre and plug it with a "stop and go" thing. I would then ride about at a somewhat reduced speed until the previously planned for tyre change date. 
« Last post by cooltshirt on April 30, 2024, 20:31:59 »
An old British single with a kickstarter is a great way to get lopsided muscles.....
« Last post by The Doctor 46 on April 30, 2024, 20:21:58 »
Not today but yesterday. I went for a pre med before being operated on next month. One of the many tests was to squeeze on a device that measured the strength of my hands. I was asked which was my predominant hand, my right and then the device clearly showed that my left hand is much stronger than my right.

I was a bit puzzled at the time but realised later that I pull the brake on my bike with my right hand, and pull the clutch (and hold it) with the left (obviously). I wonder if all motorcyclists would be the same in having a stronger left hand?

I remember reading or hearing somewhere that barmaids have one boob bigger than the other (if only slightly) because of repeatedly pulling pints with their predominant hand. Anyway, just an observation and useless peace of information.  :thumb:

I wonder what I could do to exercise my right hand more to equal things up.  :roll:
V-Strom specific discussion / Re: Oil filler cap
« Last post by Spadger2 on April 30, 2024, 18:59:17 »
 Thank you very much for your help,I've ordered cap and 'O' ring. :ty:
« Last post by Upt North on April 30, 2024, 18:25:50 »
 :thumb:
« Last post by Berty5000 on April 30, 2024, 17:41:20 »
Thanks Upt!

I've just brought the tyre change fwd by a week so will get done next Thursday now... I can probably make other arrangements between now and then and stay off it.

Update: holy crap! Just put a paper clip in there and at its deepest point the depth is about 5mm! Maybe even 6mm. Can't believe I just did all those fast and windy motorway miles to get home... although it may have been there for longer than I realise  :shock: Looks like no bike til next Thursday then. Although I'll chance riding it over to the garage which is about 20 mins away.

Bloody annoying as I wanted to get 10K out of em.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10