Author Topic: Lavi and olli RWT  (Read 319 times)

Offline Tomfum

• Bike: Suzuki v strom
Lavi and olli RWT
« on: January 11, 2024, 09:42:01 »
I have been watching a young couple lavi and olli riding around the world on a Suzuki 1050 v strom . I started off with great interest to see how the bike would cope.  However I have grow more and more disgusted at how the pair have treated the bike that was loaned to them by a dealer down south, not only have they ignored most of the service intervals , put the lowest grade fuel in it even when it was the cheapest they had come across,  massively overloaded the bike to the point were the spokes are breaking and there now on there third rear shock ..but..worst of all he has no mechanical knowledge what so ever . You would think that if you were going around the world on a bike you would take a course on the workings of it (he didn't even know how to adjust the rear suspension and its only a knob on the side of the bike ? ). BUT. what it does show is what a terrific bike the v strom is to do thousands of miles under terrible conditions with hardly any maintenance, that is the real hero of there trip .

Offline Upt North

• Bike: DL650 L7
Re: Lavi and olli RWT
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2024, 10:03:18 »
I haven't watched the "adventure" and I probably won't. But isn't it pretty much the norm? I doubt many motorists out there can carry out basic checks and if they can they don't. Plus the motorcyclists coming into bikes now are usually already car drivers. How many of them bought a moped as the go to work transport at 16 and took their bike test at 17? I'm guessing around none.
Upt and not in the least surprised.

Offline crump

• Bike: DL650XT L5, Yamaha FJR1300
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2024, 10:26:20 »
Been watching this from the start, found them a bit irritating initially but they've grown on me.
They are a bit inept mechanically but so what, they keep going and more importantly the Vstrom has shown what a great bike it is
I imagine trying to keep the servicing up to date while on the road is a battle.

Offline The Doctor 46

• The Doctor 46
  • Bike: DL1000A L4. DL650 L2
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2024, 12:01:35 »
I used to travel with a colleague who owned a new posh BMW car. He told me he never checks the tyre pressure because the car is new so he doesn't have to. Yes, the low pressure monitor may help, I have it on my car but it's amazing how far out it will go before warning. Some people just wait for an MOT tester to tell them what's wrong.  :roll:
Without rain, there would be no rainbows.

Offline Froglodyte

• Bike: DL650X L0, Yamaha FJR1300A
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2024, 12:02:01 »
Mechanically inept? Try watching Freddie Dobbs and TMF!

Offline Tomfum

• Bike: Suzuki v strom
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2024, 13:11:26 »
Yea that's true  :)

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2024, 15:57:24 »
Oh! Froglodyte:  lol lol You are sooooooo right.
This doesn't last forever, so do it while you can.

Offline Froglodyte

• Bike: DL650X L0, Yamaha FJR1300A
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2024, 17:20:33 »
What amazes me is how people ask their advice!
I'm sure he is a very nice chap but the only thing Freddie knows is where the nearest Starbucks is