Author Topic: The perils of youtube  (Read 1172 times)

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red
The perils of youtube
« on: December 18, 2018, 10:57:52 »
I can't post in the "what have you done to your bike today" section because I still cannot walk far or stand up for very long. There is not much I can do and daytime TV is really not in  any way food for the brain and mine is starving, so its' on with the PC and get into some Youtube . After a few weeks of trawling though different motorcycling channels I have become aware that "fake news" is rife. Fake news and generally made up nonsense that is misleading and dangerous is masked behind such tittles as five ways to stay alive on your bike, ten things that will get you killed on your bike, high speed breaking in etc. Then there is the pushing of dubious unproven products and I wonder why. Why do these folk make stuff up. Is it mischief?  is it so that they get free stuff to plug on their channels and then thousands of subscribers buy in to, what is, just a fancy advertising tool. How many "new bikers" are entrapped by this rubbish. 
I like Matt and the "workshop" despite his language, His home made HP2 stacked gearbox explanation is a masterly

and  "Any's motorcycle obsession"

This doesn't last forever, so do it while you can.