Author Topic: New Lazer Monaco Evo lid  (Read 1918 times)

Offline Robster66

• Bike: Suzuki Vstrom 1000 XT
New Lazer Monaco Evo lid
« on: January 04, 2019, 20:35:32 »
Read a few reviews of these including a recent Ride magazine group test where it came out on top. Very hard to find online, never mind in shops, I found one on eBay for a very tempting price !
After a few rides I can confirm it’s a good lid. It has no internal visor but instead has a transitions visor which automatically darkens in sunlight. Works an absolute treat and easily coped with low winter sun glinting off the road. The lid is quiet, appears well made and I think is Sharp four star safety rated which is very good for a flip front. Mine is an XL size and the size runs true to other manufacturers XL.
Well worth a try if you can find one, my first flip front and is becoming my go to lid. Recommended.

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
Re: New Lazer Monaco Evo lid
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 20:43:46 »
Good find :thumb: I'd been looking at them, but Ride recently wrote that the factory doesn't know when they'll get more stock in whatever that means? and there's no official UK Importer. Ride suggested anyone considering them asks Laser to email you so when they come in stock.

I'd been looking at alternatives and noticed you can get a transition pinlock visor for the Shoei Neotec 2 which I may get instead, as I find the drop sun visor in the Neotec is pretty useless in low winter sun.

Offline Robster66

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 20:57:23 »
Got mine off eBay think the seller was Adventure Spec from Yorkshire somewhere, I saw the Ride test and the Lazer beat them all. Mine is the fibreglass version, not the carbon fibre one but mechanically it’s the same thing.
Got mine for £180, crazy price so I bought it straight away. The Shoei is very expensive indeed and requires you to spend another 250 on the dedicated Bluetooth leading to an 800 quid helmet. No thanks, I’ll keep the Lazer which I can mount any generic Sena or Cardo Bluetooth at a fraction of the price. Really recommend the lid, especially at that price, a new transition visor to fit a Shoei is probably getting on for 90 quid ?

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 21:03:10 »
Completely agree about the price of the Neotec 2 which is the reason I haven't bought one. Sportsbike direct were selling them with around £100 off end Nov but still expensive. I'm waiting to see if the Lazers come back in stock or whether they've discontinued them before I buy. Am also mindful my Neotec will be 7 years old in July so well overdue being replaced. That coat me about £500 at the time, but has lasted 44,000 miles so I've definitely had my money's worth  :auto-dirtbike:

Offline Robster66

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 21:10:45 »
You’ve had your money’s worth out of the Shoei !
The availability of the Lazer looks like an ongoing problem, shame really as it’s a good lid. Not quite the finish of the Shoei but must be decent quality to get the Sharp rating. Early days but I’m pleased so far.