Author Topic: Waterproof one piece suit.  (Read 2170 times)

Offline donny1972

Waterproof one piece suit.
« on: October 15, 2011, 13:16:02 »
I wan to purchase a waterproof one piece suit so does anyone have any recommendations? don't want to spend a fortune maybe around £100.

Offline Oop North John

• Bike: DL650 M0, YB100 - 1990
Re: Waterproof one piece suit.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 13:30:41 »
Off-topic I know but I used to have one piece waterproofs,but hated the faff of getting them on, especially irked that the trousers went on first, and then the top, where it was the top that was getting wettest  :bawl:

And, if you have the seperate items, you can use the top as an ordinary waterproof jacket if walking around town / campsite etc, but YMMV.

Offline dsb79

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 13:43:32 »
I have the HG all in one suit paid about £60 for it, only had to use it once but kept me bone dry.

http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/clothing/ ... ilber.html

Fancy a brew at Loomies PM me.

Offline Dan The Man

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 15:55:43 »
I think Spada have an all in one waterproof suit,, might be £129 though can't remember,, think its called the System suit? something similar to that maybe
Be Safe,,,,,,,,,,,,,and if you can't be safe..........BE LETHAL.

Offline temporaryescapee

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 16:17:53 »
I have used the hein gericke one for about 8 years.  Pain in the arse to get on 'cos the zips catch but has kept me dry in lots of prolonged rain.  Cost me about £40 8/9 years ago I recall.

Offline Oldie

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 16:31:04 »
I bought this BMW one after much research (although I still haven't used it in anger!).

My offer of £55 was accepted and it's a decent fit, although the legs are a bit too long for me.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-ProRain-3 ... 4aaca77f74
I can’t go back, I won’t go back
I’d love to go back but I mustn’t do that

Offline longman

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 16:44:32 »
I have alpinestar el ninio. Winner from the ride magazine test and great in real life. Its doesn't feel plastic and let you breath. 100% waterproof as well. I paid 70 pounds.
Longman

For some heaven is only 10 feet up.
Suzuki DL650 K5
Suzuki DR-Z400SM K7

Offline Dracula

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 18:34:20 »
Don't get the rst suit mine leaked around the crotch first time I used it. But then it was in 3 hrs of torrential rain.
"There are no ugly women..... Just not enough Vodka!"

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 18:48:26 »
I had the HG full suit, I thought it was junk, a real bugger to get on, zips didn't last long and it got torn very easily. I'd buy a two piece that is easy to get on and off if I had to buy something again.
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline willbo

• crazy is contagious
  • Bike: 2010 dl650x
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2011, 18:52:58 »
I had one, and was not happy with it. used it only a few times in monsoon weather, and I swear I got wetter by the sweat it caused than if I wore my normal waterproofs. stick with a good pair of normal 2 piece, or get a set of overproofs , u know the type I mean. just my 2 cents, but that's what I do and no problems since
I'm sane, honestly. . . I got a certificate to prove it!

Offline petestrom

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 19:48:48 »
I got an Alpine Stars El Nino as mentioned above totally waterproof and feels comfortable, just a bit awkward to get into at the roadside probably my fault coz I'm still a growing boy.  :grin:
Pete

Make someone's day, it'll come back to you sometime.

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2011, 19:49:44 »
I went on a similar search this year and eneded up with a Suzuki 1 piece, which I tried once in the rain and it was 100% w/proof - mind it wasn't much rain. In retrospect I wish I'd got a 2 piece which would be easier to put on at side of road, also to replace , say, just the pants if they develop a leak.

Come to think about it, I was doing okay with my 20 years old rukka w/p overtrousers, and my berghaus goretex walking jacket! Why the hell did I waste the money??!! :shrug:  :haha:
I think it'll be good if setting off from home, in the wet, on a long journey I suppose!
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi