Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
As far as I can recall, it is not common that one would hear of the stator coil resistance between all the 3 stator leads as giving a 0 resistance reading. Any chance that the multimeter setting may have been set too high making it unable to detect the coil resistance of 0.2 - 0.7 Ohm between the stator 3 leads?
Each leg of the stator leads, when tested in relation to earth, should be infinity ohms.
Finally there is the AC volatge test with the stator connector disconnected and the motor running. The AC voltage readings should be in the region of 60 - 75V (ac).
That is the slight problem with the larger phones.

I now use my older and much smaller S7 to run maps mounted above the dash and the newer and bigger A54 in my pocket running as a moblie hotspot.

A word of warning, mounting the phone in landscape and plugged is could cause the connection to fry if plugged in and raining whitch led to the demise of my much loved S10.
I now only mount the phones portrait.
Advert can be removed. All items gone.
Your reading of zero across all three combinations. 

Was this between the three stator wires or to ground ..?
The Blue Oyster bar / Re: What are you listening to right now?
« Last post by nigel s on Today at 04:20:40 »
Hello  you.

Best of luck with your repair! Hopefully you find something daft like a damaged set of wires when you take the cover off, rather than just a properly failed stator, covers coming off regardless!
Good evening all,

Does anyone have a schematic or engineering drawing of the stock mounting plates that the stock centre stand bolts onto?

I have found a few stock centre stands for sale for cheap, but none of them supply the fixings, and it is proving to be both difficult and impossible to source a fitting kit on its own that isn't just the unreasonably expensive whole kits.

From what I can tell, the fitting kit includes a couple of springs, a handful of bolts, nuts and spacers, and the mounting plates.
Most of this can be acquired for pennies, except the mounting plates, which I can CAD and have fabricated. I just need their exact dimensions in order to do so.

If an engineering drawing from Suzuki does not exist, but someone happens to have made one, sharing it would be most appreciated!
Even if someone is willing to develop a drawing or a CAD file from a pair of plates they have, I would be happy to pay you for your time (within reason!)

Or even if someone happens to have a spare one, I'd be happy to buy it off you (also within reason).

I am just unwilling to pay double the price of a centre stand kit for some really basic plates and some bolts and springs, it's ludicrous, ludicrous I tell you! Haha

(I can imagine someone has asked for this before, but I did not see anything related come up in the advanced search)
Humour / Re: Four Word Story
« Last post by Asmith61 on April 17, 2024, 20:45:16 »
Ice cream from Southend
Humour / Re: Four Word Story
« Last post by Brockett on April 17, 2024, 20:21:29 »
Perry to Valentino Rossi
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10