Author Topic: grippy boots  (Read 4286 times)

Offline tin hat

grippy boots
« on: June 27, 2008, 13:26:50 »
eh up all.
   just wondered if any of you have boots that have really grippy soles..when I am manoevering around loose ground my foot sometimes slips away and I get in a right stress, and feel like I am going to do mesen a mischief, to keep from dropping the bike, which I have once- no damage though.
  at the mo I wear  sidi sport type boots but was looking at the sidi courier cus they look grippier.

any opinions??  what are your boots like?

thanks! :mrgreen:

Offline robby

Re: grippy boots
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 15:32:17 »
hi I wear some alpinestars smx but be warned get a size bigger then u actually need a size 9 which I normally take wouldn't go any where near me.I think any boot will slip on loose ground.before my strom I always straddled my bike and walked it to manouver them,but with the strom I find with its high bars and been lighter then my previous bikes its easy to put one hand on the bars and one and the back rack to manouver.I haven't come close to dropping it..... I'm now touching wood(my head)

Offline barnabas

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 16:51:50 »
Ey up lad - I do agree that motorbike boots, on the whole, are just grand for sitting on a motorbike and bugger all use for much else. The best kept secret is about to be revealed but be warned, this is not a suitable suggestion for someone of a stylish disposition.

So here it is:

Para boots  (ie as in paratrooper)- German are good, Gortex versions the best (and most expensive).
Cost about £35 - 45 depending on condition and model etc. They are mostly 'pre-owned'
Comfy on and off the bike.
Waterproof - You bet
Robust as a very robust thing
Grippy - they don't come any grippier
Stylish? - well it's all in the eye of the beholder - a bit like the V-Strom itself

I also have a pair of Daytonas but never wear them these days.

Offline tin hat

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 20:01:10 »
aahh.. yes.. I have some para boots somewhere and some jack boots..I love army gear actually and have tonnes of the stuff -- one of silverman's best customers I bet! the para boots are really beautiful well worn in leather..I going to try em, don't know why I never thought of it mesen..
  thanks for the advice!
 :clap:

Offline Bob

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 12:57:31 »
Altbergs the best boots in the world probably
www.altberg.co.uk

Offline barnabas

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 13:07:06 »
There's a pair of size 8 Altbergs on sale for £70 on the UKGSER website today (used). I'd never heard of them before but they certainly look impressive

Offline Heebeegeebee

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 13:16:05 »
Hein Gericke Stunt Boots (yes stunt boots) I Love em! Not really winter wear though.

G :GRR:
Opera, just what the world needs, more fat women screaming

Offline KLV-Rider

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 13:18:47 »
I use the Hein Gericke HG RALLYE GTX II boots on the KLV, warm, waterproof and extremely grippy.

http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/shop/prod ... ts_id/4075

Can't beat these (not everyones style choice though)... :D

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 17:18:02 »
I have got Altberg boots - they are brilliant, can be worn walking round town all day with comfort.