Author Topic: Club bespoke radiator & oil cooler covers  (Read 34705 times)

Offline Dedy

Re: Club bespoke radiator & oil cooler covers
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2009, 20:55:46 »
I would like a set for my DL1000 plus the spacer thingy. Was the fitting offer for everything?  :thumb:
One day, someone showed me a glass of water that was half full.  And he said, "Is it half full or half empty?"  So I drank the water.  No more problem.

Offline Dracula

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2009, 23:26:27 »
These look pretty cool, I'm definately interested.
Maybe we could all arrange to meet at scunny sometime soon?
Oh mines a 650, non ABS.
"There are no ugly women..... Just not enough Vodka!"

Offline V-Strom-Mark

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2009, 01:40:17 »
If the radiator guard is compatible with the 650 and can be shipped to Canada, more expensive I realise, then count  me in.  If not then no sweat.

Cheers.
Mark.

There's someone in my head but it's not me.   Roger Waters

Offline coopmick

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2009, 08:35:59 »
Sounds good to me so I'm in if the price is right and that will be for all 3  :thumb:
Treat life's little problems like your dog would ... If you can't eat it or shag it, ... Piss on it and walk away!!!

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2009, 11:48:32 »
Hi everyone, there is a comprehensive update on everything under a new post if you want to take a look.

Regards,

Mark.
Red Wine. God's way of saying he loves us and wants us to be happy but, just how happy does he want us to be?

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2009, 13:41:35 »
To all, I will arrange for Sarah (she works for me) to contact you all regarding orders for the covers during the week - you are more than welcome to arrange a day between you all to come up and I will fit all the clobber for free (as long as there are not too many of you!) at my factory.
Red Wine. God's way of saying he loves us and wants us to be happy but, just how happy does he want us to be?

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2009, 07:40:08 »
Hi all, my Sarah is off poorly at the moment so I have contacted everyone about the covers and other stuff re price etc blah blah blah.

If I have missed someone out then please contact me and I apologise for the oversight - to be fair the response has been quite overwhelming and I have sh*t for brains most of the time anyway  :grin:

Should be nearly topside of the 650 variants by the weekend................

1000cc sorted and going well, we are making some more stock today.

Regards,

Mark.

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2009, 20:26:52 »
Hi all, I have put some more parts up for you to look at under a new post `More Stuff from Cymarceng` if you want to take a look.

Offline docolon

« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2009, 19:38:19 »
Sounds good to me so I'm in if the price is right  :shrug:

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2009, 20:23:31 »
Hi there - the prices are already on the forum if you want to take a look - I would put them down again here but I cannot remember - please don't think this is a reflection of a poor businessman who has only been doing this for a couple of weeks - far from it, I have been in business for nearly 20 years but regretfully these parts are not my core business, rather something I am simply proud of hence the `unfocused` view on the commercial side of it all!

Who else would offer free fitting!

If you cannot find the price list give me a call and I will dig it out for you, gladly!

Regards,

Mark.

Offline jilljoy

« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2009, 22:01:08 »
Quote from: "cymarceng"
Hi there - the prices are already on the forum if you want to take a look - I would put them down again here but I cannot remember - please don't think this is a reflection of a poor businessman who has only been doing this for a couple of weeks - far from it, I have been in business for nearly 20 years but regretfully these parts are not my core business, rather something I am simply proud of hence the `unfocused` view on the commercial side of it all!

Who else would offer free fitting!

If you cannot find the price list give me a call and I will dig it out for you, gladly!

Regards,

Mark.
you don't need to justify anything.you are doing a fantastic job and keep the strom ideas coming.we all appreciate what you are doing

Offline jeyre60152

« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2009, 08:19:29 »
Quote from: "docolon"
Sounds good to me so I'm in if the price is right  :shrug:

Anyway, here is an update and an answer to most of your questions:

1. The 1000cc rad and oil cooler cover WITH YOUR CLUB LOGO ON THEM (as per the photo on the recent post) are available NOW!
2. The radiator cover is priced at £38.99 + £8 p&p.
3. The oil cooler cover is priced at £15 + £3 p&p
4. Both will cost £52.99 + £9 p&p
5. I anticipate that the 650 variants will cost the same

>>>>>>>>blokes, for bespoke designs at qty`s less than many thousands this is a very good price if you did not already realise<<<<<<<<<

6. And no, I am not doing this for entirely commercial gain!
7. I anticipate that the 650 variant will be designed, prototyped and ready for testing in about 10 working days if I work all night (Andy!).
8. If anyone wishes to test the 650 variants for me and willing to travel to my factory (http://www.cymarc.co.uk) they will get the covers at half price.
9. The next parts will be the chain guard and brake reservoir covers, all in hand finsihed stainless and bearing your club logo
10. And no, at this time I have no idea of the price!
11. The 1000cc gear change enhancer does fit the 650 and at some point `Al` is going to test it to let us know if it does the same on the 650 as it does on the 1000cc (see report below).
12. And yes, I will fit EVERYTHING free at the factory because I like doing it for club members.
13. the gear change enhancer will be £19.99 to club members + £3 p&p
14. All my stuff is sent by tracked and/or special delivery so that I know you blokes will get it.
15. I need a donor bike to design a top box plate extension - if anyone needs one and is willing to travel to my factory they will get it at half price if I can make one.
16. as yet I have no intention to look at sump guards but I may in the future.
17. Any postage outside of mainland Britain will, of course, cost a little more.
18. All cheques must be made payable to Cymarc Engineering - address on website.

Hope this helps, if I have missed anything then please say.

Offline StreetHippo

• Bike: DL650A K9
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2009, 19:15:32 »
Dave (Dedy) brought mine down from the factory where he got fully blinged and I have to say I'm very impressed!
Looks fantastic, just got to fit it now :thumb:

Cheers,
Stu

Offline coopmick

« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2009, 00:15:05 »
Quote from: "StreetHippo"
Dave (Dedy) brought mine down from the factory where he got fully blinged and I have to say I'm very impressed!
Looks fantastic, just got to fit it now :thumb:

Cheers,
Stu
Does that mean you're not coming my way for a look then :shrug:  :shrug:  :shrug:
Could help you fit them if you want to bring over my way this weekend  :thumb:
PS how's the pig flu???? :-x
Treat life's little problems like your dog would ... If you can't eat it or shag it, ... Piss on it and walk away!!!

Offline StreetHippo

« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2009, 15:37:18 »
Still feeling shite! :GRR:  That's two weeks of the best riding weather straight down the shitter :bawl:

Stu (just watched the Moto GP qualifying - how did Stoner do that???)

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2009, 15:51:07 »
Hi geezer, sorry you feel like sh*te - how was the bling? I am chuffed Dave got it to you (thanks for the dosh) and it was somewhat hurried when he visited (I have made a recent post which makes for good reading) so I did not get to gibber as much as I wanted.

I need to know about the fitment and your comments - you have the first production model and I think we can always improve with constructive critisism. To date everyone has been kind enough to near `whack off` over the stuff (to be fair it is good tackle when compared to most of the shite out there) but I would not be such an arse that I would think that everything I do is perfect!

Regards,

Mark.

Offline StreetHippo

« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2009, 16:03:44 »
I'll drop you a line when I put it on, have offered it up (so to speak) and it seems to be bang on, just got to take screws out and fit it. Dave and I did laugh though - you can't see it when it's on as much as I'd hoped :shy:
The chain guard on Dave's is lush! That'll be next.

Cheers,
Stu

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2009, 16:22:35 »
OK, thanks for that. Ring me if you have any problems.

:thumb:

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
Possible mod needed on initial 650cc rad covers
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2009, 13:53:13 »
Hi blokes, check out the following email sent to Andy. All covers after this date will have had the mods carried out. mega sorry for any inconvenience.

Andy, I had a 650cc in just after I had sent your 650cc cover to you.

I had to carry out two modifications to get the cover to fit as well as the 1000cc puppies. I don’t know if you will have to do it to yours but here is the lowdown…….

Firstly, there is a small black fastening clip which fouls the bottom lip located on the lower edge of the cover – it does not stop the cover being fastened but it’s not right as it pushes the cover out by a couple of mm`s.

To sort this all you have to do is take a file to the edge and gently relieve it around the area where the black plastic clip goes.

Secondly, when looking at the grill from the front of the bike the right hand slot may need extending down by a few mm`s to allow the fastener to pass through into the rad cover – you’ll see what I mean when you get it nearly in position. Once again a little work with a file (or dremel) will sort this.

I will be modifying the drawing to accommodate this for all future covers and I will post this on the forum as I have already sold another 650cc cover and the member might have the same trouble I had earlier this morning.

If, of course, you cannot work a file I`ll send you another one (cover, not a file).

Regards,

Mark Hooton.
Managing Director.
Cymarc Engineering Ltd.
Laser Cutting, Presswork & Sheet Metalwork.
www.cymarc.co.uk

Offline Fatbelly

« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2009, 15:04:11 »
hmmm....is that laser precision filing? :sarc:  :neen:  lol