V-Strom specific discussion > V-Strom specific discussion

Suzuki V-Strom DL250 stiff gear shifting

(1/5) > >>

flyingcbf:
Hi Chaps,
I'm hoping to get some advise here. I ride a 2019 Suzuki v-strom DL250 and all seems great so far. But after 15 minutes or so, the gear shifting becomes very difficult. It's got under 8000miles. ANy suggestions?
Clutch Friction Plates?
Thanks a bunch!

purplebikeunicorn:
I can't see how, if the clutch is adjusted properly (you have the proper free play at the lever), the friction plates are going to cause any issues with shifting.

As much as I prefer to DIY stuff, you probably should take this bike to a proper garage now, as per the advice given to you in the other thread. There is either something being overlooked, or something far more severe wrong with your shift mechanism.

flyingcbf:
I think I might have found the issue?
Can you see the friction plates, they are all in the same lane including the last one?
Should the one in the front, or the last one that goes in, be in the other lane? I've found this from two users in YouTube...

flyingcbf:
The correct way would be to put the last friction plate on the opposite lane as opposed to the other plates????

purplebikeunicorn:
The bike should still shift gears with the engine off, and clutch not pulled. Does it do this? Does it get stuck when doing this? I cannot see the clutch being the problem unless it's dragging (because it's poorly adjusted and not disengaging, or parts are missing) when the engine is running.

The answer to your question about the clutch plates is inside the service manual (The GW250 has pretty much the same engine as DL250): https://www.manualslib.com/manual/815691/Suzuki-Gw250.html ,  Section 3-84.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version