Author Topic: Delkevic and Trekker Luggage  (Read 1489 times)

Offline Himself

• Adventure before ... errr...
  • Bike: DL1000A L6
Delkevic and Trekker Luggage
« on: May 18, 2020, 12:02:37 »
Like many I decided to swap the end can on my DL1000A (2016) for a Delkevic, but wondered if the exhaust and the metal pannier would get in each other's way.

The good news is they don't although I would suggest the 450mm is the can to go for. It looks as if the 350mm would have the exhaust gasses blowing on the pannier.

As for the exhaust, I wanted to make a little more noise without ruining someone else's day and the exhaust note is exactly what I was looking for. However, the biggest change is the smoothness of the throttle response from closed.

My V-Strom had what I can only describe as a "bunged up" feeling when pushing on into a bend. Close the throttle, brake and when I would go to open the throttle to exit the bend, there would be a resistance - that bunged up feeling - that the engine had to clear before it would start to accelerate. Not a problem in the dry but a little unnerving in the wet.

With the Delkevic fitted that has disappeared. No claims of more torque or power, just a smooth clean throttle response.

Thirty minutes to fit, 10 of which are removing the wire exhaust gasket and another 5 spent working out which way the clamp around the body of the can goes. :roll: Otherwise, excellent. Colour me a happy camper.

Offline old git

• Bike: DL1000 L6, BMW R1250RT
Re: Delkevic and Trekker Luggage
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 12:55:18 »
I've got a 450mm Delkevic on mine. Absolutely no complaints. Nice note, much lighter and infinitely easier on the eye than the standard offering.

Offline Himself

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 08:32:00 »
Having been tempted away from the keyboard by sunshine, here are my thoughts on the Delkevic end can having ridden 600+ miles with it fitted.

Having fitted the Delkevic silencer, the “back pressure bung” in the exhaust has gone completely. The throttle response is now smooth from 2,000 rpm to the red line. I can roll-off the throttle on the entry to a bend, and when I open the throttle, the result is just smooth and immediate acceleration.

Delkevic’s rolling road tests, shows an increase in power, albeit marginal, across most of the rev range for my V-Strom.

For me, though the power increase is the smaller part of the benefit brought from fitting a Delkevic exhaust.

The ability to smoothly apply all of the power the V-Strom makes improves the whole riding experience. Considering the price of an aftermarket end can, that is a big improvement, in exchange for the money.

That is the conclusion to the article, I've just finished writing. If you would like to read the whole thing, click here https://fliesonthevisor.com/delkevic-aftermarket-exhaust-silencer-kits/

Offline sjrainsford

• Bike: DL650 L4 and 2008 Vespa GTS300 Super
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 09:42:27 »
I'm really pleased with mine, but I leave the DB killer in place on my 650 otherwise I consider it too loud.
Mine is having a rolling road tune so I'm interested to see what will happen after that.

Offline Himself

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 10:24:23 »
Have you gone down the fuel commander route?

I've been holding off as the bike is very smooth - I'd be interested in the results if you don't mind sharing them