Author Topic: Recommended - Gore-Tex Jacket/Trousers  (Read 1956 times)

Offline Villiers Terrace

• Bike: DL650 L0
Recommended - Gore-Tex Jacket/Trousers
« on: April 06, 2020, 14:48:46 »
Hello,

Just sharing my recommendation for a new Gore-Tex jacket and trouser combo.  I bought the Richa Atlantic jacket and trousers last August and they have been excellent.

I had Gore-Tex membrane jacket/trousers for the last 10yrs and wanted to change to something that was laminated.  I looked at a lot of jackets but most were out of my price range and I couldn't justify the spend.  I narrowed what I wanted and researched who was selling what and came across Mega Motorcycle Store on line, selling the Richa Atlantic.  At the time they said phone for a price.  Everywhere was selling the jacket at £650 and Trousers at £420 but they offered at £500 and £300.  I didn't know this shop and no others would price match so I emailed Richa to check if they were a legit seller as the price seemed too good to be true.   :shrug:

They came back saying all OK.   :lala:  I went to local J&S Accessories to try on for sizing and see if they would price match but they wouldn't so I bought online.  I prefer to buy local if I can.

I'm glad I had the opportunity to try them on for sizing beforehand as the trousers are snug around the thighs and the leg length is quite long. So I knew to order shorter leg and slightly bigger.

Here's the link - http://www.megamotorcyclestore.co.uk/richa-atlantic-laminated-gore-tex-motorcycle-jacket-black-yellow/
Me I'm all smiles, I've got my crocodiles

Offline Hendo

• Bike: DL650XT
Re: Recommended - Gore-Tex Jacket/Trousers
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 10:58:20 »
Hello Villiers,

I asked SBS if they would price match the trousers and they did and with additional discount I got them for £269.  Delivered tomorrow, I will let you know my thoughts.
Mystic Silver Glee XT, Radiator Guard, Innovv K1, Powerbronze   Hugger, 12v, Rowe PDM60, Oxford Heated Grips, LED DRL, ABS Protectors, R&G mudguard Extender, ABS Protectors, Scottoiler v-System, SW Motech Light Brackets, Touratech Swingarm cover

Offline bonne

• Bike: DL1050 M0
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 23:49:22 »
Hello Villiers,

I asked SBS if they would price match the trousers and they did and with additional discount I got them for £269.  Delivered tomorrow, I will let you know my thoughts.

So... what are your thoughts? (-:

I am also looking for a new jacket/trousers set. I currently have two sets: one for winter, spring and fall and one only for summer. They are not GoreTex as you can imagine and actually quite cheap. I would like a premium set - one that I can use all year. Problem is I havn't tried a lot and I don't really know what to look for. And being 2 meters tall makes it quite impossible to go to a store and find a set that actually fits. I did find a store selling Modeka in my size, and I found them quite comfortable - but they are not GoreTex, and I am therefor not sure that they will also be comfy during the coming summer.

Regards, Lars.

Offline Hendo

• Bike: DL650XT
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 15:11:39 »
So I got the trousers and they are a bit snug.
The thermal removable lining is substantial and will work well in the winter.
As it has been so hot I have only won them twice but they have been comfortable and not too hot.
Look good as they are quite a good fit, I wear a tall boot with my trousers over the top, these fit nice and snug and keep all drafts out.  Good quality, nice braces with a bit of back padding which is a bonus.  Overall very pleased, they performed OK in a light shower, sure they will be OK in more persistent rain.
Mystic Silver Glee XT, Radiator Guard, Innovv K1, Powerbronze   Hugger, 12v, Rowe PDM60, Oxford Heated Grips, LED DRL, ABS Protectors, R&G mudguard Extender, ABS Protectors, Scottoiler v-System, SW Motech Light Brackets, Touratech Swingarm cover

Offline mark131v

• Bike: DL1000A L4
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2020, 16:10:07 »